Phoenix Mars lander

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Re: Phoenix Mars Lander

kc wildman said:
just thinkin here see the smoke ha ha ha
no realy if there is dirt in the ice???? how do they know it didn't get there when the impact explosion melted the surface

Damn, they forgot this detail !!!!!1111oneone

Seriously, I have no idea. Is there stuff in our ice caps here ?

kcwildman

Beastmaster

oh hell yes, all kinds of dust and crap blown around by the wind, not to mention all the ash from the valcanios and fires.

kcwildman

Beastmaster

I always thought the best evadence for liquid on mars was the canales/ dry river beds, for a time they were thought to be old roads or so the story went.

Num7

Administrator
Staff

So, as I understand, they are going to find a lot a crap in it. That's a good thing after all.
I don't understand how I couldn't figure that by myself lol :LOL:

Num7

Administrator
Staff

kc wildman said:
I always thought the best evadence for liquid on mars was the canales/ dry river beds, for a time they were thought to be old roads or so the story went.

Yeah, there's a lot of pictures, all of them have canals, rivers, and all some kind of strange features for a dusty planet. It doesn't look like the Sahara desert at all. It looks like a former Earth, with no more liquid water, but with dried rivers.

kcwildman

Beastmaster

realy I don't know how they could think the ice would be clean
but hey I don't work at NASA huh

kcwildman

Beastmaster

Numenorean7 said:
Yeah, there's a lot of pictures, all of them have canals, rivers, and all some kind of strange features for a dusty planet. It doesn't look like the Sahara desert at all. It looks like a former Earth, with no more liquid water, but with dried rivers.
wonder if they used it for gas in there cars and ran out so they left

kcwildman

Beastmaster

Numenorean7 said:
So, as I understand, they are going to find a lot a crap in it. That's a good thing after all.
I don't understand how I couldn't figure that by myself lol :LOL:
I just hope they find dead microbs or fossels of water creaters somthin to prove we aint all there is

Num7

Administrator
Staff

I hope the probe will not get smashed by a transformer lol

I would be very surprised if there hasn't been life at all on Mars. I mean, this planet is pretty likely to be a candidate for life, maybe not now, but in the past for sure.