Question for the whole board to read please

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I have tried, Call it a short attention span or a active mind but i cannot get it to shut off, after maybe 1 minute it explodes and all concentration is lost.

You could try the reward method. Give yourself something each time you succeed with a goal.
lol so what your saying is treat my self like my dog :LOL:

Or get the woman in your life to provide the treat. It makes the goal more interesting and rewarding.

TnWatchdog

Blast,I recommend you to sing along an uplifting song. That is a good thing to do.

Maybe this one?

Lol!
Damn there is no Dislike button on here ether, NUM we need a dislike button!!!
Re: Our friend and hero, Barney.
Hey Blast...I love that song! This reminds me when my daughter was younger and a Barney fan...I said while driving...Thump, I think I hit something...Oh look there is a purple spot on the side of the road. I was only kidding her cause we all know that Barney lives and rocks!

crashandburn

I have tried, Call it a short attention span or a active mind but i cannot get it to shut off, after maybe 1 minute it explodes and all concentration is lost.
Instead of trying to "clear your mind" try focusing on a single line of thought and let everything else go. Might find your mind starts to drift after a minute or two, but when you notice that, just go back to that one line of thought.

Shapeshifter

I have tried meditation in the past but i find it very very difficult to keep my mind quiet long enough to meditate, i would love to be able to, as i hear there are many things possible when meditating, it just appears that the way my mind is wired that i cannot.

It's like learning to ride a bicycle or learning to play the piano. You don't start out with flawless performance. It takes time and practice. Just devote 5 full minutes a day for meditation practice. Place a clock with a seconds hand in front of you. Make your mind a blank for as long as you can. At first it may just be a few seconds. But keep trying till your 5 minutes are up. Do this daily 5 minute exercise for a week. I wouldn't be surprised to see you reach the 5 minute mark by the end of the week. Once you learn this, you wont forget how. And it's not that hard to increase the meditation time, once you have it down. If you do this, you will wonder why it was so easy to learn.

I have the same issues with meditation, so what helps me is some kind of guided meditation or with music. I like a lot of the ones on youtube, esp. that use binaural beats to get your brain synced up to the right frequencies to go into a meditative state (it's like a short cut to it), so check that out, also called 'brainwave entrainment'. I have had great experiences with this myself. But left to just sit and meditate on my own I am pretty helpless. :)

bowtiesarecool

I have the same issues with meditation, so what helps me is some kind of guided meditation or with music. I like a lot of the ones on youtube, esp. that use binaural beats to get your brain synced up to the right frequencies to go into a meditative state (it's like a short cut to it), so check that out, also called 'brainwave entrainment'. I have had great experiences with this myself. But left to just sit and meditate on my own I am pretty helpless. :)

I was all set to try those myself, but they all have a bunch of seizure warnings (which I have a history of), so now I'm nervous about it. :(

Can you possibly describe what it sounds like and what (if any) sort of physical effects you experience during these meditations?

Might help me understand this a bit better.

Thanks. :)