Question on time travel

pieceofaman

Question on time travel

This was taken off of Howstuffworks.com
If wormholes could be discovered, it might allow us to travel to the past as well as the future. Here's how it would work: Let's say the mouth of the wormhole is portable. Then person B in the example above, who traveled at 50 percent of light speed into space for a few hours, could carry one wormhole mouth into space, while the mouth at the opposite end of the wormhole would stay with person A on Earth. The two people would continue to see one another as person B traveled into space. When person B returned to Earth a few hours later, a few years may have passed for person A. Now, when person A looks through the wormhole that traveled into space, that person will see him or herself at a younger age, the age he or she was when person B launched into space. The cool thing about it is that the older person A would be able to step into the past by entering the wormhole, while the younger person B could step into the future.

This confuses me. So person B would now be two people now?

Looking at time this way it seems that every second is recorded and the possible outcome from my actions in the past is happening now? Is this what people mean when they explain paralell universes and how there are an infinite number of you?

MetaMatrix

The Man of Esoteric Knowledge
Wormholes at large scale is probably not true, only the Schwarzchild Radius, i think wormhole for subatomic particles.

TimeFlipper

Wormholes at large scale is probably not true, only the Schwarzchild Radius, i think wormhole for subatomic particles.

Blimey, the original posting goes back to 2005...Well done for digging it out mate! :D

However i dont think you will get a resonse from him as he hasnt been seen on Paranormalis since 2006 :eek:

Regarding wormholes, why not think of them on the quantum level, and especially quantum tunneling? :)

With quantum tunneling you dont have to be anywhere near the speed of light, and gravity is not a priority either (y)..

MetaMatrix

That has been too long since from now, i thought the one started this thread is active. Thanks for telling me.

TimeFlipper

Youre Very Welcome mate (y)..another member on here recently made the same mistake of not looking at dates, i have done it myself..

Hopefully my posting on quantum tunneling was of interest to you, and you may wish to look more into that fascinating area of time-travel at some other time (y) :)

MetaMatrix

Youre Very Welcome mate (y)..another member on here recently made the same mistake of not looking at dates, i have done it myself..

Hopefully my posting on quantum tunneling was of interest to you, and you may wish to look more into that fascinating area of time-travel at some other time (y) :)

Yes, those things interests me a lot. I will read those now.

TimeFlipper

Yes, those things interests me a lot. I will read those now.

If you care to take a look sometime of my own postings on the Delta Time Generator, you will see how that uses quantum tunneling..
The actual diagram i made of it came from a Preston Nichols VHS tape called the Philadelphia Experiment and the Delta Time Generator, which was made back in 1993 at a Tesla conference :)..