Science Article: How To Build A Time Machine

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Every now and again, we all indulge in dreams about travelling in time. Wouldn’t it be wonderful to return to that specific point in the past to change a bad decision or relive an experience – those halcyon days of childhood, that night you won an Oscar – or to zip ahead to see how things turn out in the far future.

The mystery of time travel is full of excitement and wonder – “But it’s not science,” I hear you say. You may also think that it is definitely not like any mathematics you learned at school. Well, you will be surprised to hear that it is.

At present there is a great deal of news around the discovery of gravitational waves. It is suggested that this experiment and future research could unlock the secrets of the universe. One of the reasons why physicists believe this to be true is linked to other monumental scientific discoveries in the past – and the fact that we may have reached another unification moment and taken another step closer to a theory of everything.

Continue reading:
How To Build A Time Machine

TimeFlipper

Every now and again, we all indulge in dreams about travelling in time. Wouldn’t it be wonderful to return to that specific point in the past to change a bad decision or relive an experience – those halcyon days of childhood, that night you won an Oscar – or to zip ahead to see how things turn out in the far future.

The mystery of time travel is full of excitement and wonder – “But it’s not science,” I hear you say. You may also think that it is definitely not like any mathematics you learned at school. Well, you will be surprised to hear that it is.

At present there is a great deal of news around the discovery of gravitational waves. It is suggested that this experiment and future research could unlock the secrets of the universe. One of the reasons why physicists believe this to be true is linked to other monumental scientific discoveries in the past – and the fact that we may have reached another unification moment and taken another step closer to a theory of everything.

Continue reading:
How To Build A Time Machine
Oh come on Num7 thats a spoof posting...Who can possibly make a 100Km long tube with the mass of the sun and then spin it? :D
I will give it a shot with my washing machine on very fast spin, i know that it does move about a lot when its on spin..could that be teleportation? :D

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Can't an advanced civilization do that? A civilization that existed for millions of years, that spans through an entire galaxy shouldn't have much trouble creating a structure that has the mass of a star?

We, humans, can't do that, though!

mariya94

I believe time travel has existed since the beginning of time through the use of time portals. From that point, we are getting closer to the discovery of time travel each and every day.

TimeFlipper

I dont think an advanced civilisation would engineer something that large for time travelling... i think they would build something the size of a wrist watch or even smaller, assuming of course that they would be the same size as us..
They would be using micro processors down to an atomic size..Actually some years ago i did see a guitar that had strings and could actually play, at the atomic size!....but im thinking now that could be a spoof posting too lol :D

mariya94

Yeah, they would only have mini portable machines. Simple time machines are good too. They're easier to build and a simpler way to travel through time. :)

Last edited:

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Oh, I agree with you. They'd definitely find a smarter and simpler way to travelling through time. That is, if they didn't ascend or something, already, and have access to dimensions higher than those we're able to experience... making time travel a very ordinary day to day thing.

TimeFlipper

You have me thinking about a highly advanced civilisation purely of super super computers that have everything we have, awareness of themselves..intelligence, feelings and the ability to communicate with each other via electromagnet waves similar to telepathy...
They would have no need to endanger themselves with actual time travel, instead they would create a virtual reality that has the ability to create its own scenarios (evolutionary electronics)..All of their thoughts..self awareness..intelligence and feelings would be "information" that is given to them on how to react to every given moment in time (love hate etc), from the supercomputer itself....I just have another thought, maybe we are all part of a super computer that simply feeds US with "information" and we are merely the bytes existing in that super computer...Yes we could all be a computer simulation :D

Last edited:

Martian

The problem with articles like this is that the authors know the ideas they're presenting are impractical.

Last edited: