Scientists Map Images from the Human Brain!

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Scientists map images from human brain for first time

It's really close! It can only get better. Imagine the uses and implications! First off, the U.S. government would love to abuse this technology. Second, imagine using this to communicate with people in a coma and to find out if they are really conscious or not. And what about mapping it while someone dies or even recording dreams.

Japrim

That is awesome, but also kind of scary.

Someone somewhere is probably already thinking of how to use it for evil.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
That is awesome, but also kind of scary.

Someone somewhere is probably already thinking of how to use it for evil.

Hand held thought scanners ---- very scary. It's easy. You can already drive by and see what someone is typing on their PC.
My baby monitor picked up a neighbor's computer screen. So, imagine neighbors being able to tune into your brain with the right frequency. We will need brain firewalls. McAffee and Norton will get richer. (Not that I use those....)

Japrim

It speaks to the importance of ethics.

If humans valued rights, then we could handle whatever technology we discover (among a lot of other good things). As it is, people are taught from birth that violating rights is the way to manage everything, that valuing or defending them is unacceptable.

It isn't so much the technology that is scary, but rather the capacity for humans to do evil. The tech is just a tool.

TimeFlipper

The brain after death is supposed to stay alive for up to 20 minutes...If a person is murdered in any part other than his head, it might be possible to show the pictures of the person or persons that killed the guy which will be retained in the memory :eek:
Provided of course the dead guy can be discovered within the 20 minutes...Im speculating here that certain parts of the brain can be activated by electricity at a very low current, long after the brain has died, in which case the murderers might still be seen..or am i being way out of line thinking this?....Yeah it must be Frankenstein im thinking about ::LOL:::D

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
The brain after death is supposed to stay alive for up to 20 minutes...If a person is murdered in any part other than his head, it might be possible to show the pictures of the person or persons that killed the guy which will be retained in the memory :eek:
Provided of course the dead guy can be discovered within the 20 minutes...Im speculating here that certain parts of the brain can be activated by electricity at a very low current, long after the brain has died, in which case the murderers might still be seen..or am i being way out of line thinking this?....Yeah it must be Frankenstein im thinking about ::LOL:::D

They did that in the show Fringe. Season 1. I need to finish watching that show. Lots of cool technology, even if some of it is fiction.