Sonic booms reported over New Jersey

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I Stiil find it odd that they latter clamied it. For somthing like that they woul have metion it. Before they decllared it the said they didnt know what it was. IFLS post says "Navy had confirmed they were carrying out tests on a supersonic F-35C fighter jet over the Atlantic Ocean on Thursday afternoon." and how would it afeect many states if it is over the ocean. I Still find it odd.

Good point. Why not let everyone know ahead of time? Were they hoping nobody would notice? Very odd behavior for a planned event.

What do you think it was.

I have no theories. If the government is claiming ownership of the event, it could be a coverup of some sort. Their normal behavior would be to deny it even happened, though.

YukiFujimoto

Thats
Good point. Why not let everyone know ahead of time? Were they hoping nobody would notice? Very odd behavior for a planned event.

I have no theories. If the government is claiming ownership of the event, it could be a coverup of some sort. Their normal behavior would be to deny it even happened, though.

Thats what I think. It crated earthquake like reaction so what if they are making man made earthquake in the ocean and testing and seeing far it would go. It could be an attack to but they are tring to cover that up.

Fiera

Is it possible us navy jets were chasing after unapproved UFOs? That would be unplanned and technically they could be testing state of the art jets...but really they are chasing UFOs. Faster jets Chase UFOs better.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Thats

Thats what I think. It crated earthquake like reaction so what if they are making man made earthquake in the ocean and testing and seeing far it would go. It could be an attack to but they are tring to cover that up.

Been thinking...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that sonic booms can of course cause tremors but not outright earthquakes. I guess it depends on your definition of earthquake. I just think, personally, that they were jets. The military never gives a heads up. That would be dangerous, would it not? IMHO.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I think the fact that the Navy admitted to supersonic flights over the ocean after the fact was just done to quell the gullible. People stop looking for an explanation when they have one. Perhaps a continued effort to find the real cause should be the main focus.

Fiera

I think the fact that the Navy admitted to supersonic flights over the ocean after the fact was just done to quell the gullible. People stop looking for an explanation when they have one. Perhaps a continued effort to find the real cause should be the main focus.

I absolutely agree with this. I've been looking around me lately noticing how people will be rather skeptical yet jump on the first explanation that debunks a phenomenon or mystery. One of the reasons I really jumped into the UFO believer circle is because I found myself seeing something paranormal and thinking, "This has to be a fake," and I'd do a lot of research, skip by all the evidence FOR the event, and once I found a source - any source, even comments or some blog claiming it is "DEBUNKED" with some basic science - I'd settle with, "Okay, this was a hoax." And I'd move on with my life, happy and ignorant. I think most people do this. Most people also harbor the belief that the US military is there to protect you - which in a lot of ways they are I think - but there's that trust they would have a hard time breaking.

Martian

Thats

Been thinking...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that sonic booms can of course cause tremors but not outright earthquakes. I guess it depends on your definition of earthquake. I just think, personally, that they were jets. The military never gives a heads up. That would be dangerous, would it not? IMHO.
It's highly doubtful. The acoustic impedance of air is so low that any solid material, including soil, reflects most of the vibrational energy.

Derrick C.

I am new here and trying my hand at a post. Please be gentle if it's misguided. I saw this article and immediately wanted to post it here. I am not sure if it is relevant to anything or if you folks know about strange sonic booms being related to anything, but here it is:
Mysterious Sonic Boom Reported Over New Jersey

They say at least 10 were reported, but also, "ABC News reported that the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration and the North American Aerospace Defense Command had both confirmed they didn't have any planes operating nearby that could have generated the sonic booms."

it was either one of our black planes, or its a sign of the end times which i think it is

Derrick C.

Thats

Been thinking...

It's highly doubtful. The acoustic impedance of air is so low that any solid material, including soil, reflects most of the vibrational energy.

love the avatar by the way Martian :)