The Many Types of Love

PoisonApple

Badass ☆。*♡✧*。
Zenith
To me, there's a big difference between lust and love... I know what you mean about women reading romance novels in order to vicariously seek that kind of love people write about...But I do believe in romantic love being more than justdriven by hormones...Sure, sometimes they go hand in hand, but I don't think "love" is soley based on that alone... Maybe compatability come into play as far as long term relationships, but I think it's the love that holds people together after the "chase" is done, after the lust has died away... I also believe we accept the kind of love we think we deserve...Then again, maybe I'm just a hopeless romantic, ah well... ;)

Well, marry, and after 5 years tell me how it goes. :)
I'm not saying I know what I'm talking about, just giving my opinion.. ;) I've known couples that have been married for decades, having to help change the other one's diapers... THAT'S love, not hormones...Maybe you're right about it taking a miracle to find that love, though...

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
To me, there's a big difference between lust and love... I know what you mean about women reading romance novels in order to vicariously seek that kind of love people write about...But I do believe in romantic love being more than justdriven by hormones...Sure, sometimes they go hand in hand, but I don't think "love" is soley based on that alone... Maybe compatability come into play as far as long term relationships, but I think it's the love that holds people together after the "chase" is done, after the lust has died away... I also believe we accept the kind of love we think we deserve...Then again, maybe I'm just a hopeless romantic, ah well... ;)

Well, marry, and after 5 years tell me how it goes. :)
I'm not saying I know what I'm talking about, just giving my opinion.. ;) I've known couples that have been married for decades, having to help change the other one's diapers... THAT'S love, not hormones...Maybe you're right about it taking a miracle to find that love, though...

They made it past the hormonal period. That's rare nowadays. My parents are still together as well, but my father is very honorable. I'm thinking it's the time period from which they grew up (40's-50's).

I'm just saying that people confuse the honey mood period for love and it may not be. Love is very rare, except, as a mother, my love for my children will last through eternity. It's so strong that it can't be explained, even when they drive me nuts. :) :)

TnWatchdog

Lets see if I know anything about love...maybe, maybe not. I do remember my mother finding a boyfriend in her later years and wrote about it like a high school girl being all excited about it. She ended up taken for a ride by a con man who drained her financially. She died at 54 depressed over love...love gone bad. I thought I would give love a try for myself. I saw those movies where the foxy lady is running across a field...you know the picture but found out I was running on hot coals and glass instead. Love must have got me married, but it ended in divorce. She pointed to the small pile of stuff in the Living Room and said it was mine. I told her I had more stuff before I met her and found out that love hurts...financially. Anyways, I did run into someone at a convention at Naples, FL and started acting crazy so it must had been love. She lived in St Louis so the long distance love didn't work. I did continue acting goofy over it until she dumped me...dang...love bites. Anyway this has been my opinion. I do love pizza, sunflower seeds, and beer so what more do you need? lol

PoisonApple

Badass ☆。*♡✧*。
Zenith
Lets see if I know anything about love...maybe, maybe not. I do remember my mother finding a boyfriend in her later years and wrote about it like a high school girl being all excited about it. She ended up taken for a ride by a con man who drained her financially. She died at 54 depressed over love...love gone bad. I thought I would give love a try for myself. I saw those movies where the foxy lady is running across a field...you know the picture but found out I was running on hot coals and glass instead. Love must have got me married, but it ended in divorce. She pointed to the small pile of stuff in the Living Room and said it was mine. I told her I had more stuff before I met her and found out that love hurts...financially. Anyways, I did run into someone at a convention at Naples, FL and started acting crazy so it must had been love. She lived in St Louis so the long distance love didn't work. I did continue acting goofy over it until she dumped me...dang...love bites. Anyway this has been my opinion. I do love pizza, sunflower seeds, and beer so what more do you need? lol
Love can hurt, I think we can all agree on that...

Khaos

where the wild things are
I suppose gay/lesbians do want children

Some do, I don't. I have no problem with my gay/lesbian brethren wanting children, I've just never had the desire to myself.