The Masters of our own evolution

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Re: The Masters of our own evolution

We see all kind of laws and strange stuff in movies, so why can't these things be possible in real life ?
If someone from the 1500s could see the world we're living in, in 2008, he would freak out and would not believe it. It must be the same here, we have no idea how strange and f**d up the world can be in 100 years from now or so.

Num7

jurgen36

Re: The Masters of our own evolution

WhiteLight said:
I take offense cus I'm Irish :p
Do you guys really think it will come to sterilization? I mean, like, this world does get more and more absurd by the day, but I don't know if it would come to that. Maybe a hundred years from now I'll think differently (of course I'll live that long with todays medicine).

It will have to come to that otherwise humanity will not survive. If defective genes are allowed to breed then in a relative short time the total genetic stock of humanity will be more and more weakened until we will disappear in the night. This is thanks to medical science.
Also about 15 or 20 years ago two genetic engineering companies, one in the US and the other in Germany advertised that they can guarantee a minimum life expectancy of 200.000 years to each human alive. They independently discovered the gene which causes aging and death and also a way to suppress it. Anyway both companies got raided the very next day by government agents and had accidental fires which burned down the facilities. The responsible scientists disappeared never to bee seen again. The BBC actually had an interview with the managers of both laboratories, the day after they screened the interviews the raids occurred.
You want human spare parts, no problems at all. There is a roaring trade in India of human spares, you order what you need with the exact genetic identification to match your body and they only ask when you need the new heart or kidney or lung etc. So the Dean Swift solution might not be so far away either. Cannibalism actually takes place in more places as you might believe.

Regards