The Moon Landing. Was it faked?

MODAT7

I'm disappointed they didn't mention the lander having an electrogravitic booster so it could get back into lunar orbit.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
AJ and HeckleFish talk about the moon landing. I'm sure TimeFlipper would love this one. It was one of his favorite topics.

I miss TF too. :(

I still haven't watched this one. I'll come back and comment next week when I have some time to watch it. It's been on my watch list for a while now.

For now, i have a hard time imagining the moon landing is fake. I want to believe we went there. If it's fake, it's a giant disappointment.

Let's see if I still think the same once I'm done watching it.

Thank you for sharing.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Alright, I watched it this morning. Great video, it was a wild ride.

Of course, most of the items mentioned along the way are explained or debunked at the end... But something that surprised me was the Van Allen Radiation Belts.

I think it's pretty clear the videos weren't fake. Or at least, it's not likely they were faked... The evidence they were was pretty fascinating though. Good story.

But this radiation belt, and the fact astronauts tell us "we're working in order to go beyond it" and stuff? What? And we lost the technology used in the 60s to protect the astronauts from these radiations? ...What? That sounds fishy.

Still, the videos feel like a soundstage. The astronauts stumbling around... The flag moving. So weird.

Beholder

Faking the moonlanding would require modern special effects, which in turn would require a time machine. If you have a time machine, you can travel to the moon by taking a space bus in the future and then go back, pretending that you used your own rocket to get there.

Wind7

Staff
Faking the moonlanding would require modern special effects, which in turn would require a time machine. If you have a time machine, you can travel to the moon by taking a space bus in the future and then go back, pretending that you used your own rocket to get there.

That isn't completely true, @Beholder .
You forget that Space Buses leak oxygen so,
you'd have to hold your breath for..........A......Long.....Time...... .. .. . . . . . .

BlastTyrant

if you wanted to fake it during modern times yes, back then? No, the effects they would of used would of been top tier for the time, but i don't think you'd need anything spectacular, and just look at the movies at the time, most were sci-fi alien flicks using the same style at the Moon video.

I got no idea though, i lean more towards the fake side just to screw with the soviet union

Num7

Administrator
Staff
if you wanted to fake it during modern times yes, back then? No, the effects they would of used would of been top tier for the time, but i don't think you'd need anything spectacular, and just look at the movies at the time, most were sci-fi alien flicks using the same style at the Moon video.

I got no idea though, i lean more towards the fake side just to screw with the soviet union
Yeah the special effect techniques used in 2001 A Space Odyssey were and still are very spectacular. They're life-like. Just look at the opening scene.

As shown in the Why Files video, they could have easily faked it using Kubrick's genius and special effects team.

It's a dark secret though. Can you believe all the people who worked on this didn't talk about it since?

BlastTyrant

Yeah the special effect techniques used in 2001 A Space Odyssey were and still are very spectacular. They're life-like. Just look at the opening scene.

As shown in the Why Files video, they could have easily faked it using Kubrick's genius and special effects team.

It's a dark secret though. Can you believe all the people who worked on this didn't talk about it since?

Ya that is what leads me to it being real is you'd think by now there would of been a whistle blower by now.
Or maybe there was and he was silenced?

I tend to like the story more where they landed and reported seeing alien spacecraft lined up outside a crater.

This is one of those ones where it is up in the air for me, both sides are very plausible but we may never fully know.