The New World Order

Harte

Re: The New World Order

Chip said:
As always; I enjoy your perspective GL but are you saying that the price of gas will drop? Care to say by how much?

I think the price will drop. But not significantly. I think what the PTB call a fair market has become a trucker?s hell, and could enflame the distribution chain just enough to affect "Joe Six Pack's eating habits...
Short term, you might be right.

But you gotta admit that the bottom fell out of the oil market from the late seventies until around 2003 or so.

I mean, the actual dollar price doesn't reflect it, but when you take inflation, etc. into account, we were paying less in the eighties and especially the nineties for gas than we were pretty much anytime in the seventies.

I don't see gas going much over 4 dollars a gallon in the near future though. In my opinion, a price like that is good for our economy. Makes us go much more efficient and actually helps pay for us to start back to pumping oil here at home that was too expensive to retrieve when oil was selling at 20 - 25 dollars a barrel.

Not to mention it creates incentives for conserving and thus reducing environmental damage.

And it's still less than Europe has been paying for the last 40 years or so.

Chip Lewis

Harte said:
Short term, you might be right.

But you gotta admit that the bottom fell out of the oil market from the late seventies until around 2003 or so.

I mean, the actual dollar price doesn't reflect it, but when you take inflation, etc. into account, we were paying less in the eighties and especially the nineties for gas than we were pretty much anytime in the seventies.

I don't see gas going much over 4 dollars a gallon in the near future though. In my opinion, a price like that is good for our economy. Makes us go much more efficient and actually helps pay for us to start back to pumping oil here at home that was too expensive to retrieve when oil was selling at 20 - 25 dollars a barrel.

Not to mention it creates incentives for conserving and thus reducing environmental damage.

And it's still less than Europe has been paying for the last 40 years or so.

Absolutely correct! What are they paying over there, 8 maybe 9 dollars a gallon (Dollar/Euro Conversion)? Good for them!

Num7

Administrator
Staff

About gas, what kind of car do you have guys ?

Here in Quebec, the gas price is about 1.35$ per litre, so about 5.11$ per galon (3.79L =1 gallon ?).
It costs me about 70$ to fill up my Chevy Tracker.

Num7

Chip Lewis

Numenorean7 said:
About gas, what kind of car do you have guys ?

Here in Quebec, the gas price is about 1.35$ per litre, so about 5.11$ per galon (3.79L =1 gallon ?).
It costs me about 70$ to fill up my Chevy Tracker.

Num7

2008 Honda Civic = $55 to fill up and I get about 500 miles per tank.

Harte

Chip said:
2008 Honda Civic = $55 to fill up and I get about 500 miles per tank.

I have an old Chevy conversion van - 1999 - that I don't drive anymore.
A 2000 Chrysler my wife drives - 20 to 25 mpg.

I drive my old 1996 Honda Civic these days.

Harte

Num7

Administrator
Staff

As far a I know, Honda cars are pretty reliable cars, and they don't need so much gaz.
In fact, they seem to be more reliable than GM cars.

kcwildman

Beastmaster

K.C. MO.
$1.67 US dollars per gal.
40 bucks to gas up 93 mitia 25-30mpg iffin I keep it under 60 mph
and you guys are nuts if you think the price will ever go down. hell the greedy pricks just anounced we will see 5 bucks a gall. by july
hell no it won't ever go back to a affordable price. how ells will they get all the workers inside the citys????? makem walk to work, then they will move to town. and we can taggem for sale just like cows. mmmmmoooooooo!!!!!

Chip Lewis

Numenorean7 said:
As far a I know, Honda cars are pretty reliable cars, and they don't need so much gaz.
In fact, they seem to be more reliable than GM cars.

More reliable? Haha! Slightly...about 200,000 miles more reliable!

kcwildman

Beastmaster

Chip said:
More reliable? Haha! Slightly...about 200,000 miles more reliable!
dude theres a guy here at work who has a toyota with 300,000 and the damn thing still runs,the body is rusted to almost nothin but it still goes. looks like a clown car and shit falls off sometimes but it won't die. lets see gm do that. hell I thought I was doing good to get 100,000 from my old chevy truck, the mazda I got now has 175,000 and going strong.

Chip Lewis

kc wildman said:
dude theres a guy here at work who has a toyota with 300,000 and the damn thing still runs,the body is rusted to almost nothin but it still goes. looks like a clown car and shit falls off sometimes but it won't die. lets see gm do that. hell I thought I was doing good to get 100,000 from my old chevy truck, the mazda I got now has 175,000 and going strong.

My Father in-law has a 1989 Chevy truck with 235,000 miles on the original engine. Likewise my father put 250,000 miles on his 1989 Blazer before he traded it in.

My point is it is possible to push an American automobile with regular maintenance, a lot of "babying", and a lot of money.

To this day my father in-law says "watch it" if I slam his truck door. I usually respond "Why? Will it break down if I slam the door?" Haha!