The Pope's neverending death

Grayson

Conspiracy Cafe
Re: The Pope's neverending death

The Pope was, and is, Jesus' fisher of men, following Saint Peter. The divinity of that office is allegedly passed down from Christ himself since the instruction for Peter to journey to the city of the 7 hills.

He might as well be Christ as far as the billions of Catholics are concerned.

He was a great man. He crossed boundaries, he healed, he gifted, he saved and he made us all feel special in some way. He gave a lot, the least we can do is give a few mangey hours of TV airtime isn't it?

You have one thing that you can do at this time though, turn your TV off if it offends you so much.

PyRo99

Then we get to listen to "Omg who are the Cardinals voting for Pope".

But thats not for 15 days or whatever, so the 23rd I believe they can begin to vote?

Crosstika

The way they parade him around is like they expect him to sit up. I guess he'd be big as jesus then.

Crosstika

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Grayson\")</div>
The Pope was, and is, Jesus' fisher of men, following Saint Peter. The divinity of that office is allegedly passed down from Christ himself since the instruction for Peter to journey to the city of the 7 hills.

He was a great man. He crossed boundaries, he healed, he gifted, he saved and he made us all feel special in some way. He gave a lot, the least we can do is give a few mangey hours of TV airtime isn't it?

You have one thing that you can do at this time though, turn your TV off if it offends you so much.[/b]

They could shove Jim Morrison's (which is my favorite singer btw) death down my throat for a week straight and I'd be sick of it after day 2 .

StarLord

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Crosstika\")</div>
The way they parade him around is like they expect him to sit up. I guess he'd be big as jesus then.[/b]

THAT would be a neat trick. However if he did that, ALL kinds of silliness would ensue, not to mention alot of the other faiths that are sure one of their kind will be the messiah, if you thought there was a big to do now, you would have no idea of the ruckus.....

isabel

So get away from your Tv set, computer, radio or whatever... Go outside and jog, have coffee with friends, nobody's making you watch it. The "parade" is there for all the religious people who need a closure, who need to say goodbye and think about what the Pope meant to them.

sosuemetoo

The way they parade him around is like they expect him to sit up. I guess he'd be big as jesus then.[/b]

No, as a believer I do not expect him to sit up and I doubt other believers do either.

I agree with you that the media is a bit too much. They repeat the same things over and over.

Grayson said:

And you would be surprized at the number of "recovering Catholics" Protestants that feel this way. This is a time of mourning for many people around the world.

I guess my recommendation Crosstika would be to turn off the tv and radio. Spend a lot of time in here. I believe we only have 3 threads regarding the Pope. Stay away from those. Run over to our TT threads or conspiracy threads.

Edit: And for anyone who is wondering, my Pope avatar will be taken down after his funeral on Friday.

Crosstika

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"isabel\")</div>
So get away from your Tv set, computer, radio or whatever... Go outside and jog, have coffee with friends, nobody's making you watch it.[/b]

But I likey news :(

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"isabel\")</div>
The \"parade\" is there for all the religious people who need a closure, who need to say goodbye and think about what the Pope meant to them.[/b]

They better hurry up and get closure before his body starts to fall apart.

Grayson

Conspiracy Cafe

They could shove Jim Morrison's (which is my favorite singer btw) death down my throat for a week straight and I'd be sick of it after day 2 .[/b]

Some people feel differently, so stop whining and let them grieve in peace. For someone who is sick of it, you certainly go on enough about it.

deepthought

You think you've got problems? We have now got to face a month of political bullsh*t because of our elections coming up. We will have Tony Blair on our TV's for the next month, going round thinking he is God, hoping he will get resurrected, sorry, that's re-elected. I'm sick of it already! Can anyone come up with anything sinister about the date? 05.05.05? :grin: