The Sound Vacuum

Creshna1c

Out in space, where sound is carried up to, are the sounds grouped together in sections like loud noises here, music here, talking here, etc? Does the cosmos have a routine of placing similar sounds together?

Wind7

Staff
Great question.

I found similar answers.

I think the absolute deafness of space would drive a person mad unless
one were to take with them recordings from Earth.

Wind7

Staff
We are taught in school there is no sound in space. I no longer believe that. If anyone is interested I can show facts to disprove what we are taught.

Einstein, I'm with you all the way.

All I could find were answers similar to what I posted above when I did a search.
I always thought sound in space existed and am always interested in the subject(s) of space.

Please do share what you have.
(y)(y)

If there were an explosion loud enough,
would we hear it emanating from Earth below?

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Einstein, I'm with you all the way.

All I could find were answers similar to what I posted above when I did a search.
I always thought sound in space existed and am always interested in the subject(s) of space.

Please do share what you have.
(y)(y)

If there were an explosion loud enough,
would we hear it emanating from Earth below?

Electromagnetic power waves of different frequencies that intersect can produce sound waves in the presence of matter if the difference in frequencies is within the sound spectrum.

Aren't there gas clouds in space? Yes! So if a gas cloud is spherical it can turn electromagnetic waves into electromagnetic power waves through diffraction. There are electromagnetic waves of just about every frequency coming in from all directions. So sound will be produced in gas pockets in space.

Here is my singing Tesla coils demonstrating the property of sound coming from electromagnetic power waves..

TimeFlipper

Electromagnetic power waves of different frequencies that intersect can produce sound waves in the presence of matter if the difference in frequencies is within the sound spectrum.

Aren't there gas clouds in space? Yes! So if a gas cloud is spherical it can turn electromagnetic waves into electromagnetic power waves through diffraction. There are electromagnetic waves of just about every frequency coming in from all directions. So sound will be produced in gas pockets in space.

Here is my singing Tesla coils demonstrating the property of sound coming from electromagnetic power waves..

Blimey Eistein, you have a ready made "Theramin Machine" with your meticulously built coils, did any of the notes from the Theramin Machine resonate within your brain also?..:cool:

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
What did resonate is the shear lunacy of the academic community. And of course the fact that you introduced me to the phenomena. I had no idea what was causing the phenomena before you pointed it out to me.

TimeFlipper

What did resonate is the shear lunacy of the academic community. And of course the fact that you introduced me to the phenomena. I had no idea what was causing the phenomena before you pointed it out to me.
The Theramin was also played in the song, Good Vibrations by the Beach Boys...You will recall the sound from the high note the Theramin player in the video made, and the similarity to the Theramin note in the Good Vibrations song...

I believe the resonance from that high note in Good Vibrations just before the song ended was removed/dampened by a basic Graphic Equaliser...I voted that song my favourite song of the 1960s (y)

Last edited:

Creshna1c

Do different sound pitches "layer" themselves out in space?