Debate Time Machines For Sale?

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I'm not trying to debunk anything here. I'm just trying to evaluate how likely we are to find a real time machine for sale on the Internet, newspaper, or in a garage sale. What are the odds?

Let's assume here that working time machines are possible, that some people out there can happen to have one of them in their garage because they bought it, or built it. I'm pointing that out to avoid the debate being about the HDR or other smaller time travel devices that do not work for everyone, or at all in some cases. Let's consider operational time machines here.

Reasons why you would sell your time machine:
  • You want to get rid of it for some reason
  • You're not into time travel, but somehow have one
  • You need money, but not time-travel-money for some reason
  • You don't know anyone to give it to
  • You build machines themselves and sell them (Gibbs for instance)
  • For the money, it's a scam! :(
Reasons why you would never sell your time machine:
  • You want to keep it, obviously
  • The government would find you
  • People would make fun of you or think you're nuts
  • Real time travelers don't have money-related problems
Now why would a time machine appear on Ebay or in your local newspaper's classified section?

Does it have to be a scam, or are there rare actual time machines among those ads we spot once in a while?

Martian

I think the most likely reason for a time machine to be for sale would be if the owner didn't realize it was a time machine. For instance, it could be a relic handed down through the family, or something discovered on an archaeological expedition. Nobody would likely knowingly sell a functioning time machine. But how many people would recognize one if they saw it?

steven chiverton

I'm not trying to debunk anything here. I'm just trying to evaluate how likely we are to find a real time machine for sale on the Internet, newspaper, or in a garage sale. What are the odds?

Let's assume here that working time machines are possible, that some people out there can happen to have one of them in their garage because they bought it, or built it. I'm pointing that out to avoid the debate being about the HDR or other smaller time travel devices that do not work for everyone, or at all in some cases. Let's consider operational time machines here.

Reasons why you would sell your time machine:
  • You want to get rid of it for some reason
  • You're not into time travel, but somehow have one
  • You need money, but not time-travel-money for some reason
  • You don't know anyone to give it to
  • You build machines themselves and sell them (Gibbs for instance)
  • For the money, it's a scam! :(
Reasons why you would never sell your time machine:
  • You want to keep it, obviously
  • The government would find you
  • People would make fun of you or think you're nuts
  • Real time travelers don't have money-related problems
Now why would a time machine appear on Ebay or in your local newspaper's classified section?

Does it have to be a scam, or are there rare actual time machines among those ads we spot once in a while?
i've been arksed if i would sell any of mine but i'm not selling them , as i haven't fully tested mine yet i think steven gibbs believes they are not to be sold if you build his versions otherwise they may not work i think

Bullethead21

IMHO it's 100% scam.......I do not believe anyone has a working time machine at this time. And if there was someone, the odds they would sell it on eBay or otherwise is down right insane.

Do you honestly believe the U.S. government would allow someone like Steven Gibbs to build time machines and sell them over the phone?????

Wouldn't selling time machines to strangers over the phone be some sort of infringement on current national security policies??.?....I mean seriously think about that one for a moment.

Save your money......you would have better luck just buying a radionics device....a.k.a the HDR.

After reviewing the schematics and actually examining the HDR, you would have just as much of a chance for time traveling as you would with a AM radio.......

Last edited:

TimeFlipper

I think the most likely reason for a time machine to be for sale would be if the owner didn't realize it was a time machine. For instance, it could be a relic handed down through the family, or something discovered on an archaeological expedition. Nobody would likely knowingly sell a functioning time machine. But how many people would recognize one if they saw it?
Didnt you know that every time machine has to have by law, the date it was made plus the "sell by date" on it? :D