Time Travel already impossibe ( For this World Line )

stardude

From what I know and suspect about timelines/world lines time travel should still happen in our timeline.
What I believe is that there is neither one predetermined timeline nor an infinite number of branching timelines. There is a general direction that everything is moving in. Future knowledge or interference can alter events and split off new timelines but over time the events in each timeline sync up with each other and they eventually merge back into one timeline.
It would all come down to how much he effected this timeline.
Maybe his ideas inspire the time machine maker and they build one even sooner.

Syrup

What if the change in world lines happens when we get de ja'vu? Like, when you're somewhere doing something and all the sudden you feel as if you've done this exact thing in the exact place and everything else before. Like you saw it in a dream and now, you're experiencing it again. We could have changed world lines and in the previous world line, one of us could have dropped a plate, in your house, and you have friends over. In the next world line, the exact same thing could happen but you'll experience de ja'vu because you don't remember what happened in the last world line. Sounds kind of complicated even though I'm the one telling it :confused:

Falkon303

My thought is that if someone goes back in time, they won't affect the future version of that reality because that version already exists. I feel like the only possible result is that a new reality manifests at the instance of the bridging that is relative to both the future that the traveler came from, and the new present that was created by the travel.

So recent science is saying that the future may indeed affect the past (there's a forum post on this), which means that in a way, time travel has been always happening on small scales, but I would think this also means that the past that is affected branches into a new reality since the present is made up of a past without modification.

So since time isn't linear, it would hint at that it might be similar to a network with the time travel events being new nodes that lead to new pathways. Just my thoughts.

Rosco..Jones

My thought is that if someone goes back in time, they won't affect the future version of that reality because that version already exists. I feel like the only possible result is that a new reality manifests at the instance of the bridging that is relative to both the future that the traveler came from, and the new present that was created by the travel.

So recent science is saying that the future may indeed affect the past (there's a forum post on this), which means that in a way, time travel has been always happening on small scales, but I would think this also means that the past that is affected branches into a new reality since the present is made up of a past without modification.

So since time isn't linear, it would hint at that it might be similar to a network with the time travel events being new nodes that lead to new pathways. Just my thoughts.

Talking about the true nature of time (4D) from a physical (3D) perspective is like an inhabitant of a 2D frame trying to describe and explain the nature of a 3D sphere. Both involve communicating concepts and understandings that there are not the ideas nor words for. We may be able to describe mathematically how it works, but translating conceptually into ideas that make sense may be impossible. I liken it to looking at a multi-panel blackboard filled with scientific equations and asking the author what exactly does this all mean?

The means by which probable futures or probable pasts cause changes in our present is not a physical one. The understanding of how consciousness and physical realities are intertwined is only in its beginning stages with quantum mechanics. My view, at the moment, is that by some means our present consciousness is edged sideways in time to a parallel timeline in which the changes exist. (Pause) I am having some difficulty with explaining this. Sometimes it is necessary to explain each part of a process separately, one at a time, before you can discuss how they all fit together.

Freeform, I think we are both on the right track, but only getting glimpses of the parts and not the overall picture. Regarding time travel, I have no issues with it being done consciously in an out of body way. Doing it physically is something I have a harder time fitting in with my other views on the nature of reality, at least for now. Reality branches into parallel timelines all the time. So, physical time travel would just create a new branching point (node) as you said. I could continue, but I'm starting to ramble. Best to same other comments for another time.

DoctorZ

THinkharder is my alternate internet name
There are tons of way to time travel and my favorite of them all is one i been trying to figure out for a long time, ( Time slip) when the user remain still and everything around him either rewing or move fast forward as he/she witness time move, this can be done, when the user create a bubble of none event in a single location wich should not be affected by gravity ( end up in space ) the user will remain at the exact same space that he/she was when he /she turn the machine on, the only issue i ever had imagine , is that when the user come back to a completl halt he/she might feel the after after shock of stopping into his/her new time line very abrutly, these kind of machine can be made using a simple 12 vdc system base on a micro magnetic field bubble that affect the time factor ever so slightly i believe we could time slip for about 6 to 10 hours using nothing more than 12vdc at 5 amp or more, im gonna work on this concept and see what it give
cheers
Gone in time

TimeFlipper

There are tons of way to time travel and my favorite of them all is one i been trying to figure out for a long time, ( Time slip) when the user remain still and everything around him either rewing or move fast forward as he/she witness time move, this can be done, when the user create a bubble of none event in a single location wich should not be affected by gravity ( end up in space ) the user will remain at the exact same space that he/she was when he /she turn the machine on, the only issue i ever had imagine , is that when the user come back to a completl halt he/she might feel the after after shock of stopping into his/her new time line very abrutly, these kind of machine can be made using a simple 12 vdc system base on a micro magnetic field bubble that affect the time factor ever so slightly i believe we could time slip for about 6 to 10 hours using nothing more than 12vdc at 5 amp or more, im gonna work on this concept and see what it give
cheers
Gone in time
Keep us informed please :)

Rosco..Jones

Just a thought. The Earth is spinning and orbiting the sun. The sun is moving and orbiting the galactic center. The galaxy is also moving. When time travel takes place, why does it not end up being out in space, somewhere where the Earth was or will be? Why is it attached to Earth locations?