Time Travel University

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Re: Time Travel University

When you plan something too far in time, it always tends to fail.
Well, that's what I understand from experience too !

I prefer to make it up as I go along, like you do.
Less worrying, less stuff to think about.

It can really lead to some stress sometimes. I don't experienced that, but some people do. Their agenda are so tight and full that they can't even have time for themselves. That's not good.

kcwildman

Beastmaster

ditto there 7
its like grandpa said when they would ask when will you get here.
he'd say friday, and if he got there by sundown well he wasn't late
use to piss everyone off. ha ha ha

Num7

Administrator
Staff

Some people on the net say that time goes faster than it used to, because we're approaching 2012.

Personnally, I think it goes a little faster, but that must be because I have a much more busy life than when I was a kid. I don't buy the 2012 stuff on that one.
Same for you I guess ?

They say that when you're a kid, you think that it will take a very long time to get old. But when you start getting older, it starts going very quickly, and one day you look in the mirror, and you're an old guy. My grandparents always told me that as a kid !

Num7

kcwildman

Beastmaster

they were right I know. and let me tell you its hell when you realize your not 19 anymore. you start to get pains in places you never knew were there.:eek: every time the weather changes it nearly cripples me. all my old wreastling ingurys come back.:mad: damn I hate gettin old:eek:

jurgen36

Numenorean7 said:
They say that when you're a kid, you think that it will take a very long time to get old. But when you start getting older, it starts going very quickly, and one day you look in the mirror, and you're an old guy. My grandparents always told me that as a kid !

Num7

I can attest to the truth of this. I am now 72 and I feel that I just turn around and another week has past. It seems to be at an ever accelerating rate. Well we have to accept this, at this technological level its nothing we can do about it.
Regards

Whitelight

Time seems to have slown down for me. I remember childhood being quick, then on day I was 19 and it all slowed down. Now I'm 21 and planning my future and waiting for it all to happen.

Just playing the waiting game.

Btw Jurgen, wow, 72? I don't mean to sound rude, but my grandma is 65. I think its cool your computer literate at your age :) My mom can't even use a computer and she's turning 40 next week.

Num7

Administrator
Staff

Time sure flies.

Time seemed sooooo long when I was a kid.
Now, I work all the time, and I don't have time to do anything exept working.
That's how it seems to work.

Num7

jurgen36

WhiteLight said:
Btw Jurgen, wow, 72? I don't mean to sound rude, but my grandma is 65. I think its cool your computer literate at your age :) My mom can't even use a computer and she's turning 40 next week.

Thats nothing special, I started with mainframes in the very early 60th. I still build my own machines from scratch the way I want them to be. I just started again to use the old Amiga computers and design some accelerators for them. Its actually surprising what this 20/30 year old machines can do with a clock speed of 7Mhz and 2 Mbytes of memory. For most applications they are just as fast as my quad 4 3GHz pentium machine. I do believe we went the wrong way with the Intel/microsoft way. Linux is already much better and faster as windows.
Regards

jurgen36

Numenorean7 said:
Time sure flies.

Time seemed sooooo long when I was a kid.
Now, I work all the time, and I don't have time to do anything exept working.
That's how it seems to work.

Num7

Same with me, I am actually working flat out with my computers and are really pressed to eat something or to sleep. Never enough time left. Ok I work for fun and trying to learn new things.
Regards