Toroidal object found in a Park (any idea?)

gerove

Hello guys !!
I want to know if you can identify this object found in a Park in Costa Rica.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• OASA-HLP-002.jpg
    OASA-HLP-002.jpg
    690.4 KB · Views: 5
  • OASA-HLP-001.jpg
    OASA-HLP-001.jpg
    611.3 KB · Views: 5
  • OASA-HLP-003.jpg
    OASA-HLP-003.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 5
  • OASA-HLP-005.jpeg
    OASA-HLP-005.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 5
  • OASA-HLP-006.jpg
    OASA-HLP-006.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 5
  • OASA-HLP-007.jpg
    OASA-HLP-007.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 5
  • OASA-HLP-008.jpg
    OASA-HLP-008.jpg
    764.4 KB · Views: 5
  • OASA-HLP-009.jpg
    OASA-HLP-009.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 6

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I think it is part of a yoke assembly for a cathode ray tube.

s-l1600.jpg

gerove

the object I found indicates anomalies in terms of the normal behaviour using a mobile phone compass, It seems to be magnetic, but different I don't know its a weird piece, I see during the night that it turns very very cold.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
the object I found indicates anomalies in terms of the normal behaviour using a mobile phone compass, It seems to be magnetic, but different I don't know its a weird piece, I see during the night that it turns very very cold.

You'll notice in the picture I provided that the same magnetic material is used in the yoke assembly. It even has the same shape. I remember that magnetic material is called ferrite. What you have is just one part of a multi piece object.

gerove

You'll notice in the picture I provided that the same magnetic material is used in the yoke assembly. It even has the same shape. I remember that magnetic material is called ferrite. What you have is just one part of a multi piece object.
Got it, I was thinking that you talk about another model or part, but if specifically you indicate the object in the photo you provided, is not the same object that I found.

gerove

based on your comment and photo, I found this, looks very very similar.

DIC1992GL.JPG

MODAT7

The object looks manufactured and is consistent with a broken ferrite as Einstein mentioned. High voltage goes through the copper windings around it to direct the electron beam and create the TV/monitor picture. Considering CRT's aren't really manufactured anymore (at least to any degree), that one is probably old and saw a lot of use. Cheap ferrites are well known to eventually magnetize themselves (I have a couple small salvaged ones that did that), so that would explain the compass anomaly.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I found one more picture which appears to be just like your picture. It has the indentation too. This is a picture of a ferrite yoke core with both halves intact.

1607347259862-png.128367