unanswered questions

Sue

I'm just trying to help. He contradicted himself at times.
Yea, I haven't gotten to the one you posted yet. I'm going in chronological order by date so the only thing I've seen so far is "Getting back to my exact worldline of origin is impossible but it depends on how you define the correct worldline."

As I've stated in my introduction and such is that I'm very detail oriented and observant.. I will pick apart every little thing I can find and analyze it to the depth of complete exhaustion. Maybe that's why my ex left me haha.

I'm very interested in time travel and even if JT wasn't a true TT he at the very least inspired me to believe in it even more.. His story, (even if fictitious) and more than a decade later has inspired and impacted a life (mine) in a way he or anybody else probably never even realized that he could have done.. He was a very intelligent man and definitely ahead of his time "maybe just not physically".... and as stated has helped my life in a way I know he would never have expected..

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I'm just trying to help. He contradicted himself at times.
Yea, I haven't gotten to the one you posted yet. I'm going in chronological order by date so the only thing I've seen so far is "Getting back to my exact worldline of origin is impossible but it depends on how you define the correct worldline."

As I've stated in my introduction and such is that I'm very detail oriented and observant.. I will pick apart every little thing I can find and analyze it to the depth of complete exhaustion. Maybe that's why my ex left me haha.

I'm very interested in time travel and even if JT wasn't a true TT he at the very least inspired me to believe in it even more.. His story, (even if fictitious) and more than a decade later has inspired and impacted a life (mine) in a way he or anybody else probably never even realized that he could have done.. He was a very intelligent man and definitely ahead of his time "maybe just not physically".... and as stated has helped my life in a way I know he would never have expected..

Sorry about that. I should have posted "Spoiler alert!!!". :D
You'll come across some more interesting things as you read. Enjoy.

Sam Slagg

As I dig through the monstrosity of posts about JT I still have a couple of questions. I apologize if my questions have been answered somewhere here in a different thread and I yet to find them, i have looked through a lot of the posts and haven't found this question.

I understand JT's logic and theory of multiple world lines. How he can never return to his "original" world line but "close enough".

If he can't return to his original world line when he went back to 2036 then how will they know who he is or what his mission even was? Maybe his divergence wasn't much but it wasn't 0.. He could never possibly help a world line he could never return to. His original world line would be sitting there waiting for him and the observers would never observe his return because he wouldn't be returning to his original world line for them to witness "his return, just a few seconds after he left" therefore not ever able to help. (And if you use the logic that he was close enough of a divergence to effect his original world line, then the same logic should be used that our world line would be close to the same as his because it's about the same divergence degree and to my understanding our world line is nothing like his was for our time.

Secondly, going by his story and theory, if he takes the IBM back to 2036 on a different world line, how does he even know that world line needs it? they wouldn't even know him "not even his own parents" AND there would be 2 of him there?

Just some thoughts pondering in my mind with no logical answer.
The logical answer seems obvious to me. I personally love the way this troll set up the whole time divergence thing. This was a joke back in 01 and it's an even bigger joke now. I can't believe this is still going on. Unbelievable....

Ayasano

Please be aware, the displacement unit moves through time, not space.

That right there makes his claim pretty shaky to be honest. If the machine doesn't move through space then when he landed in 2001 he'd be off in deep space somewhere. Time Travel hoaxes always seem to forget that the Earth is constantly moving. Firstly, its own rotation. Secondly, its orbit around the Sun, and thirdly the Sun's orbit around the Milky Way.

You could argue that he simply meant it takes the Earth's motion into account or something, but if it's accurate enough to land in exactly the same place on the surface of the Earth, why can't it land anywhere else? You have to move millions of kilometers regardless.

Galileo

..at what point does a true believer realize it's time to let go?

Edit: nevermind, the movie hasn't even came out yet.

Last edited: