Unnoticeable alternate reality

[email protected]

Unnoticeable alternate reality

What if you had been transported to a slightly different reality, like the only difference was that someone died on a different date or that you had a book that you didn't have previously? Would you notice? Would you care? I have thought about this, since I remember reading in the paper that Elvis Presley died at the age of 56, but he didn't.

WaKKO15169

Re: Unnoticeable alternate reality

I think it would be great if i had one tiny thing changed in my life. And that would be to add some zeros to the end of my paycheck. just a couple nothing ridiculous.

everything else in my life is preatty solid.

Harte

Fanavans,
I forgot to put the units in there. I believe that c should be in cm/sec and L in cm. The units of f would then be 1/sec (a wierd unit, right? Inverse seconds.)

Harte

Risata

Weird to read this. I was just thinking last night about that, if there were subtle changes on an alternate reality. Like in a different world, instead of Jack Daniels being the most popular bourbon, it was Pete Daniels. Little things like that. Or instead of a movie called Frequency, it was a television series, and Quantum Leap was actually a movie.

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

I seem to remember hearing that Alec Guinness (Obi Wan Kenobi from the original Star Wars for those who need to be told) died in 1996. I was in 6th grade and I remember talking about it with my classmates.

Then in 2000, I heard about it again... When it ACTUALLY happened.

Confusing.

Kreeper

I notice these changes all the time. Names and such seem to always be the same. The differences are usually when things happen. Another big difference can be items that are either missing or out of place. One example of a major difference happened about eight years ago when it was wideky reported on the net and msm that Zacahria Sitchen had died from a heart attack. Fortunately, he has been alive in all of the timeline I have experienced since.

Snow

In another thread here, when this was a time travel community, I posted this in 2004:
Snow Fire Watches said:
. . .

Last January I had a "time slip" that really shook my confidence in the stability of my "reality". I woke up one day in world where Stephen Hawking was alive when I knew without doubt that he had died a couple of years previously. My husband also remembered his death and reminded me of another instance regarding Lawrence Welk that we had been through together. We were so stunned and intrigued by these anomalous memories that we googled and talked and googled and talked for a couple days about this subject only. I posted about it on a board I was then posting on and no one bit. I was disappointed. I was pretty sure this couldn't happen to us only. My hubby found TTF.tk for me and said I might be able to discuss it there. I knew something very odd was going on with time in my own life. So from the days when I substituted time machines for space ships to the recent instances of incongruent memory and history I think it's safe to say I am True Believer.
. . .

Since then I have had a couple more experiences and have known some people who have had them too. Among some people I know, these changes are attributed to changes in our own timeline - caused by time travel! That is my favorite.

However, because I have had a couple close calls with my life, and at least one that I shouldn't have survived, except that something of a miracle occured, I also entertain the idea that when you die in one timeline, you and your consciousness may just continue in another, very similar, one. I can't quite work this out in my head because I can't get my arms around multiple timelines - where I have consciousness in many lines. The "many me" thing just doesn't compute or feel right.

I think changes happen a lot and our memory adjusts seemlessly - MOST of the time. When the alterations are noticed it is chalked up to faulty memory - unless for some reason you are certain (as in a shared memory that doesn't fit the current reality) and then you just have to go hmmmmmmmm . . .

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor

Yes, I also have had changes in my life lines. I remember things one way and later l find it to be not the same way I remember it was the first time. :confused:

Whitelight

Makes me think about all those times I was like 'I swore I did that already...' haha

Risata

I have a fun theory. You know when you are laying in bed, about to fall asleep, and you "jerk"? Or you feel yourself falling a bit? Or for those who lucid dream, you actually feel like you are flying through a tunnel?

I think those are the times where we shift to a "slightly" different reality! :)