Debate What are we doing here?

nicklesh2020

Been thinking a lot. Just wondered what everyone thinks about our actual purpose in being here? What are we doing here on earth?

Samstwitch

For me, this is a spiritual answer. God created us as eternal Spirits in Heaven. Our souls were born in Heaven.

We chose to be born on earth to become flesh. When we come to earth, it is our goal to make our way back to God in Heaven. When we accomplish this, we die and return to Heaven with God. Some do not make it and end up in Hell.

God created us with Free Will, so we could worship Him of our own accord. He wants to be loved and worshiped by us, but He does not force us to do so. That's why he gave us Free Will.

The story of Adam and Eve is true. They were the first man and woman. God created them in Paradise, but then they sinned and were banished from that place. God is pure goodness and all powerful. He cannot be in the presence of sinners, so He banished Adam and Eve to earth. But God promised to send His Son to redeem them (and all their descendants) one day in the future. Until that time came, God sent the Prophets of old to speak for Him, which you can read about in the Old Testament.

A few thousand years later, as promised, God sent His only Son to earth to be born as a man. Jesus is God's Son and He is the way to Heaven. The only reason Jesus was born as a man on earth was to give us Salvation so we could make our way back to Heaven. Jesus redeemed us. God loved us so much that He sent His only Son to save us from the pits of Hell. (John 3:16)

God has told us about the past, present, and future in the Bible. The Laws of the Old Testament passed away when Jesus fulfilled the Scriptures with His accomplishments on earth. The New Testament is His testimony about the Truth.

We on earth, born in the flesh, are descendants of Adam and Eve, and in the flesh we are also given over to sin, which separates us from God...but we are Saved, Redeemed when we accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior.

Jesus said, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." (John 14:6)

Jesus said to follow Him...to do as He did when He walked the earth. He gave us a new Commandment, which is to love one another as He loves us.

This is our purpose on earth...to walk with Jesus, but it is not always an easy walk. Jesus promised that He would always be with us, and would carry us when the load got heavy, and He does. We need food to sustain our body, and the Word of God and Jesus (in the Bible) to sustain our souls. That is what gives us spiritual strength.

Last, but not least, great rewards await us in Heaven when we finally get there...and those rewards are for eternity.

Hope this has been helpful.

I'm not here to debate, but just wanted to answer your question. :)

titorite

Been thinking a lot. Just wondered what everyone thinks about our actual purpose in being here? What are we doing here on earth?

We are on earth because we choose to be born to the people we would be born too because we believed we would be able to help them the most in the universe.. or at least help LIFE in that area of the universe. The idea when was, when we choose to come back and live again, to do the most we could to achieve a plan , a good plan, a plan to increase our happyness and forfillment, and contentment.

THen life happened and we forget all those plans and learn how to walk and talk again. ;)

All God wants is for us to be happy. It makes god happy when we are truthfully happy. Be honest and be good.

BlastTyrant

All of us are on a Journey, our souls go from body to body to learn and evolve and to come back with acquired knowledge from living different life's, I believe my role here now is to help people and to educate on subjects they do not understand and struggle with. This goes with my role as a PC Tech i help people who cant understand whats going on, my fascination with the paranormal and ET culture also with personal experiences helps me talk to and calm others who may also have had something happen to them they do not understand, and with this i am able to help people to make them feel like they are not alone.

NOW if i could only help my self i would be set lol

ziyan

Am here for sharing my experience of traveling to a Bus tour. It was a great fun as we traveled various areas of Boston to Niagra Falls within a short pachage and limited time. We stayed and enjoyed with a lot of fun and fascinating views of natural beauty grabs the attention of visitors and give them unforgetable memories.

Khaos

where the wild things are
If you spend too much time thinking about why we're here, you miss the point. Which is to enjoy life while you have it.;)

I have this friend who stays in his house all day long. Rarely goes outside, yet questions why he exists. He continually dwells on the fact, yet misses the obvious. He is here to enjoy life. Not sit around all day, and think about it. Its fine to think about why we are here, but going out and finding things to do with our finite life, that makes things more enjoyable.

bowtiesarecool

That's sad. You need to get that friend up off of his butt and get him out of that house!

He's not agoraphopic or anything? He just does that?

Clinical depression maybe?

Khaos

where the wild things are
I think paranoia is more something to do with it. Depression perhaps too. There was this one time we were outside on his porch and we were talking about painting his house and he kept looking over his shoulders at people walking by. Almost like they were going to come up and beat him or something.