Debate What are we doing here?

bowtiesarecool

Maybe he owes money to the 'sanitation department'?

Sorry, I shouldn't joke about your friend's possible illness, just wondering if he might have an actual reason to be paranoid that you don't know about.

I know mental illness is no joke. If he even is ill. You'd know better than me.
I've had my own run-ins and experiences with people with mental issues.

I've known someone who is bipolar and schizophrenic, as well as an alcoholic, and had a neighbor who was bipolar. The problem with those two was that they wouldn't take their meds, and of course the alcohol. And I had another neighbor who while she never mentioned having any problems, was clearly a paranoid schizophrenic. They were even more paranoid than your friend sounds.

For example, one would start arguments with people and anyone who would stand up to her she decided was stalking or harassing her or her child and she'd call the police. Even though it was her that was harrassing people and her son who was stalking. But she would decide any time anyone would stand up to her that they were out to get her or something. One man actually spent time in jail due to her false accusations. Even though the cops say they know her and that she has mental issues and a drinking problem, know her by name and all the neighbors told us when we first moved in that the police were at her house all the time.

The other decided the neighbors upstairs were playing their music loudly specifically to harass her. New people moved in. They were "in on it with the other ones." She once annoyed another neighbor at 4 a.m. She yelled at her and suddenly she was out to get her too, and "paying the ones upstairs to play the music louder." This was a person who couldn't even pay her electric bill, lol, but she's paying them to harrass the other one? o_O
And then they were "putting mice under her door".

So be glad your friend isn't paranoid like that!

Is he on any kind of meds? Sometimes medicines for one thing can cause other things. Especially anti-depressants.

People who work in hospitals tell me they type tons of reports on people who try to commit suicide, with their antidepressants.

So your friend is very lucky to have you looking out for him and you should keep an eye on him when you can. Especially if he ever is prescribed anything like that.

He really sounds like he could be agoraphobic though. Has he ever been diagnosed with anything? Or even seen anyone about this?

As far as him sitting around thinking about the meaning of life..I have no idea what that could be about.

Maybe you should attempt to get him out of the house sometimes if you can, but don't be surprised if he freaks out at some point. But then at least you'd get a clearer idea of what his problem actually is.

If he needs any, I hope he gets the help he needs. If he doesn't need any, I hope he eventually stops thinking so much and gets up and does something.

I wish you both luck.

JTFriend

We are here to complete specific objectives set forth by our own individualized I AM Presence. These works expand the light in our Causal Bodies up in the heaven worlds. With the "stripes" we earn on the Earth we will then go on to be citizens of the Universe and do more works, projects and live, forever.

nelson

Been thinking a lot. Just wondered what everyone thinks about our actual purpose in being here? What are we doing here on earth?
Allah states in the Quran that "He created man to be His Khalefah, His trustee on earth (Quran 2:30). Mankind’s basic trust, our responsibility, is to believe in and worship Allah." Very simple! The purpose for man’s creation is to worship the Almighty Allah.