What Are You Listening To?

Wind7

Staff
In all my years of listening/performing music...I am still amazed when I find
a musical refugee from the 70's** I never knew about.

I love finding things like this!

**Split Enz had to change their style when the Suits from the music biz told them to,
or else they would never had survived the 80's.

This was their big one.

Bones McCoy

In all my years of listening/performing music...I am still amazed when I find
a musical refugee from the 70's** I never knew about.

I love finding things like this!

**Split Enz had to change their style when the Suits from the music biz told them to,
or else they would never had survived the 80's.

This was their big one.

My favorite song of theirs...

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I found 3 old CDs that I used to listen to as a kid. I must have been about 10 years old. I remember loving the Dance Mix '95 CD.

So we put them in the car CD player and... OMG, it hurts. I can't believe I asked for them as Christmas presents. loI I must have been such a big disappointment to my parents! LOL, I can't believe I used to listen to this kind of music. I remember loving it, but now listening to it in 2024... Oh my...

95 is okay-ish in the worst possible way. Most of the songs are pretty bad, except for a few. Total Eclipse of the Heart, 1-2-3, and a few others are pretty good. The 1-2-3 "Train with me" song used to play on the school bus in the '90s, it was the wildest shit we ever heard, and all the kids loved it. Woo Wooo!

96 is bad. Most of the songs are weird low-grade dance remixes that all sound exactly the same. I know it's a "dance mix" but I mean... it's the blandest thing I've ever heard, every track is the same... 95 at least had some variety. A few exceptions would be "Are you ready for some more" and "Mr. Bombastic", which are some odd, definitely 90s-sounding songs. Fun, but ew...!

Then comes 97. It starts very strong: The first track is by the Spice Girls, and the second by the Backstreet Boys. It's all downhill from there. It quickly turns into weird annoying stuff and stays that way until the end.

Also, who is this dude? Is he the one who's responsible for our bleeding ears? lol

1713817730599.png

1713817745821.png

1713817754075.png