Debate What do you think would happen if government disclosed alien existence?

nvangogh

I have been wondering why government might want to cover up the existence of aliens but can't really understand what would be in it for them. Suppose a government has learned that another world exists somewhere out there. Why cover it up? What is to be gained from a cover up?
I can understand that religions might have to adjust, but how else can the knowledge of alien existence be threatening?

Snake Plissken

I believe..
Zenith
The existence of 'Aliens' is just the tip of the iceberg. To disclose their existence you would then invite questions such as 'Where do they come from?' and 'How do they travel?'

The trouble comes when you try and explain the multi-universe and timelines and then the multi-dimensions. Not to mention that we have been making out that abductees and people who have seen these things are mad and/or nutters. As we know 'Aliens' come from parts of our universe, parallel universes, further in time and different dimensions. Some of these creatures have been here longer than us so we are actually the newcomers.

For some it would lead to mass panic and suicides, for most it would soon become yesterday's chip paper.

The people in power have maximum control over the population by keeping us in the dark. As soon as the truth is out it will encourage free thinking and end to religions which in turn is an end to their control. Dark forces, both human and non-human, are at play here. There is a lot at stake here with disclosure. With the current status quo we are controlled if there is some disclosure then we enter an unknown and this is dangerous to them.

I like to think that there are forces of good, forces who represent the humans at work too. Disclosure will come, one slow painful step at a time.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I think the government likely made deals with the ETs that prevent them from disclosing their existence, among other things.

The most popular theory is that the gov. got alien technologies, while they allowed the aliens to abduct people as needed for their tests. I heard that one several times.

TnWatchdog

I agree with all the comments. ( we have such brilliant members here) If there was an alien disclosure panic would set in, martial law, and then possible civil war/depopulation would follow. The 'new' conventional wisdom will say, why should we pay taxes to a bunch of puppets who don't have any of our best interests in mind...rebellion in the streets as everyone will be wanting what the aliens have to offer and to hell with the current establishment.

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
The existence of 'Aliens' is just the tip of the iceberg. To disclose their existence you would then invite questions such as 'Where do they come from?' and 'How do they travel?'

The trouble comes when you try and explain the multi-universe and timelines and then the multi-dimensions. Not to mention that we have been making out that abductees and people who have seen these things are mad and/or nutters. As we know 'Aliens' come from parts of our universe, parallel universes, further in time and different dimensions. Some of these creatures have been here longer than us so we are actually the newcomers.

For some it would lead to mass panic and suicides, for most it would soon become yesterday's chip paper.

The people in power have maximum control over the population by keeping us in the dark. As soon as the truth is out it will encourage free thinking and end to religions which in turn is an end to their control. Dark forces, both human and non-human, are at play here. There is a lot at stake here with disclosure. With the current status quo we are controlled if there is some disclosure then we enter an unknown and this is dangerous to them.

I like to think that there are forces of good, forces who represent the humans at work too. Disclosure will come, one slow painful step at a time.
Well said, Snake!

Or/and the governments of the world made an exchange with the ETs. Some of their technology for permission of certain humans to conduct experiments on. Thousands of people/childrens go missing every year. Never to be seen again.
I am certain there have been quite a number of human disappearances. But let us also note that a number of people who have been experimented on have returned to Earth, and some have even told their stories.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Oh. Maybe the aliens are actually the ones in control, the elites and powers that be, being just puppets. I'm wondering what would be their interest in controlling all of us, primitive weaklings.

Reptilians are feeding on negative emotions. Perhaps they're controlling us so that we are their "all you can eat buffet" planet.

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
Oh. Maybe the aliens are actually the ones in control, the elites and powers that be, being just puppets. I'm wondering what would be their interest in controlling all of us, primitive weaklings.

Reptilians are feeding on negative emotions. Perhaps they're controlling us so that we are their "all you can eat buffet" planet.
I'm thinking reptilians are more likely trying to turn the human race evil with mind controlling techniques they might have for certain groups like fundamentalist Muslims, so they could take over the world and make everybody Muslims. So that way maybe the reptilians could form an alliance with the human race, much to our chagrin. Just a thought...