What happens if a Time Traveler visits our Timeline?

Samstwitch

If a Time Traveler visited our Timeline, his mere presence would absolutely interrupt and change the course of events. It's inevitable! :eek:

So let's talk about it. What happens if a Time Traveler visits our Timeline?

The "Back to the Future" series is a perfect example of what could happen!

HDRKID

I can speak about me. Because John Titor came in 2000, I called Steven Gibbs in 2001 to buy an HDR. Also, that led me to build underground shelters as I began to prepare for what is coming. Take John Titor out of the equation and I would probably be working at a high tech start up.

Fact is I would be part of the problem of what is coming. Let me explain -

TAKEN FROM 32,000 Students Choose: Build Your iPhone 5 Or Get Expelled From School - Forbes
"Will you be one of the eight million people expected to pay $600 for an Apple (AAPL) iPhone 5S later this year? If so, you will be contributing to some 32,000 students who were forced to work on the Foxconn assembly line building your order — or face expulsion from school."

Samstwitch

I can speak about me. Because John Titor came in 2000, I called Steven Gibbs in 2001 to buy an HDR. Also, that led me to build underground shelters as I began to prepare for what is coming...

Really? That's fascinating, exciting, and scary! :eek: (What state is your underground shelter in?) I had no idea you bought an HDR because of John Titor's influence here. Do you have a Blog or thread with a historical account of your experiences with the HDR that we could read?

Take John Titor out of the equation and I would probably be working at a high tech start up.
Fact is I would be part of the problem of what is coming. Let me explain -

TAKEN FROM 32,000 Students Choose: Build Your iPhone 5 Or Get Expelled From School - Forbes
"Will you be one of the eight million people expected to pay $600 for an Apple (AAPL) iPhone 5S later this year? If so, you will be contributing to some 32,000 students who were forced to work on the Foxconn assembly line building your order — or face expulsion from school."

I'm not sure that I understand this part about the students. Are you saying if John hadn't come here, you would probably be involved in some project like the one you posted the link to?

Peregrini

Since the question is completely conjectural, I can posit a completely hypothetical reply.
If a time traveler visited our time line he would also be visiting his time line since, in my speculitive universe there is only one. That being the case he could, if he wanted to, tell us about our future since it is his past and he would be 100% accurate, unlike every self-proclaimed time traveler in the "real" universe, who are wrong to an even greater extent than probabilities would indicate, like Titor and 2063 and anyone else that claims to be one.

Samstwitch

Since the question is completely conjectural, I can posit a completely hypothetical reply.
If a time traveler visited our time line he would also be visiting his time line since, in my speculitive universe there is only one. That being the case he could, if he wanted to, tell us about our future since it is his past and he would be 100% accurate, unlike every self-proclaimed time traveler in the "real" universe, who are wrong to an even greater extent than probabilities would indicate, like Titor and 2063 and anyone else that claims to be one.

In that hypothetical scenario, please tell us what would happen to your Time Traveler if he went back in time and met his mother when she was a teenager (as Marty McFly did)...and during the course of their encounter, he led her away from where she should have been in her original past, and while talking to Marty in front of a store where she would not have previously been, she was accidently struck and killed by a car that went out-of-control? If that scenario happened, what would become of your Time Traveler?

Peregrini

It creates the "Grandfather Paradox" only with his Mother instead of his Grandfather but the paradox creates the same loop.
Paradoxes are the Universe's way of telling us why TT is not possible.

Apocalypse

Care to mention where Titor was wrong? Other than the Olympics, which was a joke post to begin with.

Apocalypse

If a time traveller came into this timeline, then the "multiverse" theory would be proven. The time traveller could not return to his/her own generating timeline, and would ride probability like a rabid dog just to find us here - let alone be able to affect us.

Peregrini

Care to mention where Titor was wrong? Other than the Olympics, which was a joke post to begin with.

Debate - John Titor Alleged Predictions and Are They Real or Not | Page 4 | Paranormalis

It's a work in progress. Feel free to join in.