Debate John Titor Alleged Predictions and Are They Real or Not

JTFriend

From 2000 post:
November 06, 2000, 17:26
Yes, I realize people become hostile.

------------------------------

People weren't hostile in 2000.

JTFriend

^^ The fact is, people were not hostile in the late 90s and early 2000s the way they are now.
I have to disagree there. Hostile people have always been around.
The culture is completely different than it was the first 3 decades of my life. People are so much more hostile it is not even funny. Rudeness, hate and intolerance are the dead center norm.

In the 1990s the media pundits indocrinated us about "the culture war". The very business of declaring the country to be in a culture war has made people meaner.
The Persistence of the Culture War - NYTimes.com
Culture Wars: The Struggle To Control The Family,Art,Education,Law,And Politics In America: James Davison Hunter: 9780465015344: Amazon.com: Books

TimeNot_0

Have a beer!

The rest you may know about, like if causing trouble, you lost your job, not your life now. Or like OWS...................... but still a few people have gotten more violent by usually his self.

Samstwitch

The culture is completely different than it was the first 3 decades of my life. People are so much more hostile it is not even funny. Rudeness, hate and intolerance are the dead center norm.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed how hostile people have become. It's gotten so bad that some great writers are not publishing any more books, and some great movie producers are not making any more movies, because the criticism is so hostile, and people are down right nasty.

The world didn't used to be like this. People weren't this way when I was growing up or even in my early adult years.
The world today has become very hostile, but John Titor wasn't the only one who warned us about it...2 Timothy 3

Octavusprime

From 2000 post:
November 06, 2000, 17:26
Yes, I realize people become hostile.

------------------------------

People weren't hostile in 2000.

That is not true but it does make me laugh.

I hope you don't think I'm being hostile. I'm just blunt and call it the way I see it. In my view the world has become too sensitive. You can't have a discussion or hell a disagreement without people getting all bent out of shape.

If people weren't so hyper-sensitive at the very notion of a differing opinion or at receiving criticism, the world would be a better place.

You think we are being hostile yet from my perspective all that was presented was discussion and debate.

JTFriend

^^ The world is not one bit better off because of the "culture war". These fake conflicts are pure sophistry and the product of the Boomer generation. I remember what life was like before all this mess started; we were a lot happier and better off too.