What if germany won the war?

Poison Pen

The_Ruffneck

Even more chaotic.Empires collapse by overexpansion, it would have been impossible for Germany, Japan & Italy to rule the entire globe.Still, just because the axis was evil doesn't mean the "allies" were good as we have seen of the world since 1945.It remains to be seen if the U.N. can finally usurp the idea of individual nation states and form a world government and NWO but these huge bureaucracies always fail in the end.Also i have done research on this in the past - Hitlers main three mistakes in the war
1)Invading the soviet union after signing a peace treaty/non-aggression pact
2)Going from bombing UK military airfields & structures to bombing residential cities and suburbs
3)Germany reached peak industrial capacity (Tank & Aircraft manufacturing) in 1944, when the war was lost.Possibly still could have overrun USSR if it had 1944 production numbers in 1940.

Hauman

If Germany had indeed won the war, it would depend on when during the war they had won. What I mean is this - If Germany was able to stretch it out another five to ten years and somehow exhaust the Allies and win that way - the world would be in ruins. At least the western world would. Remember also that they would either need to survive or prevent a nuclear strike like what happened in Japan, as they suffered the atomic fire for their stubbornness. In this world, there wouldn't be much left to rule over either way.

If Germany had managed a decisive victory, say - exterminating Dunkirk, repelling the Normandy invasion, and following through with their plans to attack U.S. mainland, perfecting the cruise missiles, along with invading Soviet Russia at the appropriate time; Germany would be relatively well off, and the war for them probably would ended around 1944. Also, it would help a great deal if Hitler hadn't made his engineers and scientists chase technological insanity like the Landkreuzer, and other assorted marvels.

So they win, now what? Well, first you have to consider one very important person. And I don't mean Hitler.

Dr. Morell.

No one knows where this obese, foul smelling, disgusting man came from. All anyone can really find out is that he was a quack doctor for German celebrities, and somehow the Fuhrer caught wind of him. After he came Hitler's doctor, Hitler underwent some changes. Firstly, he was extremely energetic, but would go on to become akin to a walking to corpse. Secondly, the man's temperament swung back and forth, much worse than before. Thirdly, Hitler became unhealthily attached the late doctor.

None of the general staff liked, much less trusted Dr. Morell, Eva Braun had complained to Hitler many times about his stench. Hitler's personal doctor (who was doing a fine job) spoke very bluntly about Dr. Morell and was promptly reprimanded and removed from his position.

Over the years, Dr. Morell injected Hitler with impossible doses of amphetamines, fed him strychnine, and various other poisons. This culminated in Hitler during the latter stages of the war unable to walk without aid, as the left side of his body was mostly unresponsive (stroke), and it's been supposed that he had a heart attack. There was a medical journal which Dr. Morell would consult regularly and there was a page torn out, specifically how to diagnose, and treat heart attacks. Given the neuromuscular degeneration one would see from constant, rampant overuse of amphetamines simply to function - Hitler wouldn't have lasted very long at all. I didn't even mention his IBS, but honestly with everything else, I don't think I have to.

Hitler would've likely died from multiple organ failure or some other catastrophic failure. In the time before he died though, MAN! There wouldn't been some crazy advancements every-which-way. Because they wouldn't care for the safety precautions that we have now when we test things, they would've shot ahead with lightening speed. Discoveries in all fields, be it medical, physics, agriculture, they all would've been far more frequent, and it's even possible that they may have discovered time travel.

Personally, I believe Germany won WWII. There are too many inconsistencies and 'conveniences' that came about during the war, namely Dr. Morell. I believe Germany won, they had an incredible technological advancement, but since it's probably would likely have been some kind of totalitarian brutal government - that perhaps prompted Dr. Morell to come back, and change the war.

H

TimeFlipper

Good posting..thing is if Hitler had allowed his generals to direct the war they would have won easily before 1945..
Hermann Goring for example who was in charge of the Luftwaffe was constantly at odds with Hitler, one remark he made to Hitler after he asked him if there was anything he wanted, Goring replied yes mein Fuhrer a squadron of Spitfires....

Goring was trying for ages to convince Hitler that they needed to bring forward the construction of their brilliant twin engined jet aircraft the Me262..Hitler replied but Hermann the Me109s (basic engines) are doing a fine job...however towards the back end of the war they finally started producing them (and lots of other things) but it was too late by then..

All of the generals pleaded with Hitler NOT to invade Russia when they did and we all know what happened after...
Thankfully Hitler led to the ultimate downfall of Germany, but never the less they did produce some fantastic technological advancements with their aircraft..... and if it wasnt for the Norwegian commandos who blew up the Norsk Hydroelectric Plant in Nov 1943 that was producing heavy water (deuterium oxide) for the construction of the Atomic bomb, i would not be here typing this out to you.......

I could probably write 100 pages on how the Germans lost the war but i would bore everybody on here and myself, during its process ::LOL::

Hauman

@TimeFlipper All valid points, and I honestly forgot about the Viking ski-assault.

I do believe that his generals would have turned the tide of the war very easily, however I can only speculate as to if Hitler would've listened to them if only he wasn't high on liquid cocaine all the time. Honestly, at the beginning he was relatively reasonable. But as soon as he started sending people out to find occult artifacts, and work on paranormal combat - among other things like deploying the E-150 and the Maus, Ratte, and Monster - I'm positive his initial success compounded with his insane drug use clouded his judgement for the future.

H