What Makes You Believe in Time Travel?

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
What makes you believe that time travel is real and what convinces you to keep believing?

Logic and the direction of science - Humans are obviously interested in time travel, so if it isn't already developed, it will be.
Even if it is developed in 1000 years, it means it exists now.

My timeline change experience.

Aliens need time travel to reach our planet and we have evidence that aliens have been here.

Pcemakr

A lot of us are time travel enthusiasts for some reason. I'm wondering here what those reasons are.

What makes you believe that time travel is real and what convinces you to keep believing?

While I'm a pretty down to Earth person, I really like to believe that time travel is possible. I can't present you a precise reason as to why I keep believing it's possible, but nothing yet convinced me that time travel isn't possible. I want to believe.

What makes you believe in time travel?

I believe in time travel but, I think that my belief in it differs from most. I don't believe that if you go back in time, you would create another time line. I believe that if you were to create a time machine in 2020 and go back to 1996. The results of that trip has already happened. I do believe that history is written in stone, so to speak and that it can't be changed because it already would've been. I also believe that when people have "supernatural experiences" some of them may be a result in an energy resonating after they have left. In these situations, the energy or "ghost" isn't something that can be interacted with, it's just something that can on rare occasions be witnessed.

I also think that if time travel is something that does become widely accepted and available, it would be so governed that going back in time would be greatly restricted due to the fears of possibly altering and destroying history. Going forward in time however, would possibly be more accepted as the idea of our having the access now would mean that we would likely have it in the future still and could have minimal consequences. I suppose if this happens however, gambling on sporting events would have to stop.

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
A lot of us are time travel enthusiasts for some reason. I'm wondering here what those reasons are.

While I'm a pretty down to Earth person, I really like to believe that time travel is possible. I can't present you a precise reason as to why I keep believing it's possible, but nothing yet convinced me that time travel isn't possible. I want to believe.

What makes you believe in time travel?

I believe in time travel but, I think that my belief in it differs from most. I don't believe that if you go back in time, you would create another time line. I believe that if you were to create a time machine in 2020 and go back to 1996. The results of that trip has already happened. I do believe that history is written in stone, so to speak and that it can't be changed because it already would've been. I also believe that when people have "supernatural experiences" some of them may be a result in an energy resonating after they have left. In these situations, the energy or "ghost" isn't something that can be interacted with, it's just something that can on rare occasions be witnessed.

I also think that if time travel is something that does become widely accepted and available, it would be so governed that going back in time would be greatly restricted due to the fears of possibly altering and destroying history. Going forward in time however, would possibly be more accepted as the idea of our having the access now would mean that we would likely have it in the future still and could have minimal consequences. I suppose if this happens however, gambling on sporting events would have to stop.
I don't like to jump to conclusions, but it sounds like you're trying to debunk and/or discourage the ideas of time travel and changing history (for the better, of course). Correct me if I'm wrong.

Anonynez

Ive had experiences where I've dreamed that I was in an alternate version of my own life, and if the multiple worlds theory is true, then these were situations that could be considered parallel versions of decisions that I've made in my life. For example, I got out of the military before we were at war, but I've had reoccurring dreams of being in combat. In these dreams I've smelled the smoke, heard the sounds, been shot, felt the pain. When I'm in these dreams, I know the people around me and vice versa. They're so vivid that when I wake up I'm either relieved or confused. I've also had dreams of carrying the wounded during the Revolutionary War. I could feel the blood on my hands. I felt the adrenaline that comes with the fight. The textures on the cobblestone are too real to have been imagined. I could feel the weight of the weapon in my hand. These have been very surreal experiences for me. I wonder if these dreams could be considered reminiscence of past lives, or possibly traversing world lines while in the subconscious? If one believed in the possibilities, then ones mind would be open enough to accept that these could also be the effects of time travel in some way. I think it goes deeper than just lucid dreaming. These experiences aren't just dreams of riding unicorns into Middle Earth. They're not make believe scenarios. They feel like they are actual experiences somewhere on some plane in the universe. They feel entirely too real not to be.

Just a thought, anyway.

Voyageur

Ive had experiences where I've dreamed....

Just a thought, anyway.
I believe, that you experienced a timeline where you get all this, you formulate it that way, that you can remember the most important parts of it, and then you decided to came back to this life. Why? That is your thing to decide, but I see it like you wanted to have some of these experiences, and you had them, had something unwanted too but then you decided to came back to this timeline which is obviously better for your future experiences. So it was as real as this timeline, but you rather continue this one. How's that sound? :)

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Yeah, some dreams are soooo vivid and convincing, they seem just as real as real life is.

I know that feeling when you find out it was just a dream. It's often a big relief that you were able to get out of a messed up reality that is worse than your current situation.

So yeah, I believe that some of these dreams feel and look so real, they can't be the fruit of your imagination alone.

Deejay

Dreams are formed by the crossing and collaboration of thoughts, memories and sensations from across all of the various regions of your brain in your temporal lobe.

When your brain is able to work out that information prior to the REM cycle portion of sleep, the temporal lobe generates it's own information and presents it to the rest of your brain in dream format.

This means your brain is literally looking beyond the information it is being presented and sneaking a peek at your future, a paralell reality or a distant past.

A few times I experienced dreams in which I embodied other individuals, from serial killers to struggling artists.
Once I even lived out the final hours of a Royalist, down to the last moments of being shot in the throat then thrown from a balcony.

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
@Deejay - Interesting theory. But as Num said, dreams can't be the product of one's imagination alone. I personally believe when you fall asleep, your spirit wanders off into other dimensions, and what you are dreaming is actually an alternate reality or something of the like.

Voyageur

I find it awesome that there are people who think more that our dreams are another dimensions. I also believe that our mind travel between realities all the time but because this is the most important reality for us, we like to forget most of the things we observe and ecperience in other dimensions.

When we die, do we just think that this was just a dream?

Num7

Administrator
Staff
@Deejay - Interesting theory. But as Num said, dreams can't be the product of one's imagination alone. I personally believe when you fall asleep, your spirit wanders off into other dimensions, and what you are dreaming is actually an alternate reality or something of the like.
I'm not a 100% sure. But that's an explanation I believe to make sense.