When Will Humans Join The Galactic Club?

BlastTyrant

alot of you seem to think aliens are "past violence" i think it is the opposite from history we have learned civilizations have evolved faster during times of war so i think advance people are also highly skilled in combat and have wars just like we do just on a larger scale.
Wouldnt you think that after how many life times of war that we would eventually cease a need for it?

Rosco..Jones

Let us not forget the Star Trek Federation rules against interference. (just kidding) Wars are fought for a reason. What reasons would they have for warring against us? If they were to start a war, I would imagine the use of some genetically engineered disease, specific to humans. No fuss, no casualties, just sit back and wait.

As we have intelligent species on our on planet, we should learn how to coexist with them first.
Thinking about coexisting with alien species may not be as easy.

BT, I disagree with advanced civilizations losing their emotions. Consciousness infers emotions by it's very nature. I see both consciousness and spirituality as 4D phenomenon. Emotions are fundamental forces of nature for living organisms. Desire and will are the forces that direct our physical changes/actions. On a quantum level, emotions collapse probability waves and make possibilities into experienced realities. Other emotions color our wills and desires and influence the actions we take. I do not see how it would be possible for life to exist without an emotional component.

BlastTyrant

I didn't nessisarly mean that they are completely emotonless but they do not experience emotions as we do, such as pain or crying or depression, they experience feelings "ok i can't really say for 100% sure but just a hypothesis" but just in a different state. i apolagize Rosco it is hard to explain in text lol but imagine it as like, mentally you know something is wrong that your hurt or that your sad but physically you do not show it, and you dont act as though you normally would. Does that make any sense? Kind of like if your a mother and your child got hurt a mother here would panic freak out and call a ambulance for a paper cut, but in there state of mind she would feel sympathy for her child just with out the other emotions.....its tough to explain lol

Rosco..Jones

Blunted affect is the scientific term describing a lack of emotional reactivity (affect display) on the part of an individual. It is manifest as a failure to express feelings either verbally or non-verbally, especially when talking about issues that would normally be expected to engage the emotions. Expressive gestures are rare and there is little animation in facial expression or vocal inflection.[1]
Blunt affect 'can be symptomatic of schizophrenia, depression, or brain damage'.[2] 'The difference between flat and blunted affect is in degree. A person with flat affect has no or nearly no emotional expression. He or she may not react at all to circumstances that usually evoke strong emotions in others. A person with blunted affect, on the other hand, has a significantly reduced intensity in emotional expression'.[3]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Years ago, I had a high speed MC accident, in which I suffered some brain trauma. Since then, I have been experiencing muted emotional response. I just now became aware of this "Blunted" effect. I will be discussing this with my doctor.

Is this the type of effect you are referring to?

BlastTyrant

Blunted affect is the scientific term describing a lack of emotional reactivity (affect display) on the part of an individual. It is manifest as a failure to express feelings either verbally or non-verbally, especially when talking about issues that would normally be expected to engage the emotions. Expressive gestures are rare and there is little animation in facial expression or vocal inflection.[1]
Blunt affect 'can be symptomatic of schizophrenia, depression, or brain damage'.[2] 'The difference between flat and blunted affect is in degree. A person with flat affect has no or nearly no emotional expression. He or she may not react at all to circumstances that usually evoke strong emotions in others. A person with blunted affect, on the other hand, has a significantly reduced intensity in emotional expression'.[3]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Years ago, I had a high speed MC accident, in which I suffered some brain trauma. Since then, I have been experiencing muted emotional response. I just now became aware of this "Blunted" effect. I will be discussing this with my doctor.

Is this the type of effect you are referring to?
Yes that is exactly it. That is what is reported in alot of cases of abductions, where they express sympathy with the people they abducted telepathically but not physically. Thats exactly it Rosco, nice find

As some posters said above, the reality of the situation is that most aliens we will encounter are more likely to have gone through wars and still may rage wars. They are likely to have constructed robots, AI, uplifted animals on their homeworld, genetically engineered subspecies, etc and they may have rebelled or attempted to rebel. The species we encounter will be likely to wage war as we are.

It would be very fascinating and strange to see an alien race create its own AI that rebelled and wiped them out Terminator fashion, then encounter the AI later on.

BlastTyrant

Well i would think the trick is to Not make the AI smarted than the people its working with but then the movie with Will smith comes to mind "AI?" What if they start becoming able to learn and realise that there better than us in every way. Until we EMP there butt's!