Why aren't hospitals haunted?

Techciple

You see, this is what I can't fathom. When I die and if I felt I should linger, I would be where I was happiest on this earthly plane. I hate hospitals, I hate shopping, so don't expect me to frequent these places once I'm free from my mortal obligations. People 'ghost hunt', I hate that phrase, in cemeteries. Why? Would you hang around where your useless dead body was, or with your family, friends and where you were happy (presuming you weren't ready to move on, or if its a choice at all?). One has no need for a body after death, why would it be important? There is a plethora of paranormal theories out there, and let's be honest, they're only theories. They range from plausible to ridiculous to the nefarious. The Universe is order, so I expect the next stage in my existence will be just as logical. Quantum physics and recent science et al only, IMHO, demonstrate how logical life really is-even for women lol.

Wee

I think some nurses/physicians return to haunt hospitals. I have seen one working the late shift once. I use to work in Central Supply. It isn't a huge hospital, but it is one of the largest in the area I live. I was working the "Dead" shift, by myself from 7P-7A...typically, nothing ever happens. Once in a blue moon you get an emergency surgery, but most of the time you are just waiting or killing time. I use to bring my portable DVD player or computer. One time, a crash cart came through, and I started to check it off, and refill it...suddenly, the front door flew open, and a man with scrubs on was going through all of these supplies in the front. He had a scrub hat on too...I thought he was a surgeon or an anesthesiologist. I told him "Hold on, I'll help you" because he looked to be in a hurry....He ran into another room (no exit from that room)...I ran and followed him, he just up and disappeared. He was gone....with supplies thrown all over the floor....then I heard a loud crash coming from the main processing room. It was the crash cart, completely tipped over. (Those things are heavy, they don't just tip over without some kind of force behind it)....the central supply was built in the old OR wing.

ole timer

WOW...what a thread....pretty much all of what I have read in this thread has happened here. AS told to me by nurses and EVS staff.
Plus the number of things I have witnessed personally.

ole timer

Here is one I posted in a different thread on here ..puppy.

walking up the hall on East Wing at around 2:30 a.m. while at work in the hospital when I felta hand on my left shoulder. I never said a thing...kept walking and walked around the floor until I came back to the same place where this had took place. I felt the hand or whatever on my shoulder once again only this time it pulled or pushed my shoulder down with a tug if ya will. I have seen stuff here at work before but that was the first time I ever felt anything.

ole timer

another time I was talking with a fellow worker here standing by the cafateria. Across from the cafe there is a cabinet containing all sorts of OLD instruments used back when by Doctors. There are a few old pictures of doctors in this also.

All of a sudden the glass in the cabinet started shaking and makin a hell of a racket. There was nobody near it at the time.
This happened last year around Christmas time. Has not happened again at least not that I have heard tell off.

Thalassa

Hospitals are haunted - believe me, I work in one. In the mornings when the department (we are not a ward and there is no-one there but me at 7am), I've heard someone walking in the corridor without the motion sensor lights being triggered, both my colleague and I heard voices coming from an empty office, and I have heard someone moving around in the office next door when no-one has been in there. In addition to that one of my colleagues has been scared out of the room by a presence.

DEATH OMEN

:ROFLMAO:Of course they are haunted! The ones still open and the ones closed, in particular.. :cautious:Worked in a "psych. hospital" as a psychotherapist, and when patients talked of "seeing things" that they thought were "real" we had to consider, not always, either visual hallucinations or "ghosts". :cautious:Made for some damn funny treatment team meeting every Monday morning.:ROFLMAO:

HDRKID

Hospitals are a hotbed (pun) for paranormal experiences. Most have to do with ghosts and strange lights at night people see. I wonder why cemetery is more so.

JOKE
If having a wife means more strife, then why is it that so many men strive to have many wives?

Frog186

Hi All I just wanted to tell you I haven't been to an asylum or hospital only cemeteries and other places as well using my ghost box or spirit box and I know you shouldn't disturb the ghosts or spirits where your at but they have more answers then human beings in general and in private some ghosts give you answers while others are shy but remember this they used to live life as it is and that is why ghost hunting is so special nowadays I asked the spirits will world war 3 happen and some said yes I heard that it wouldn't happen and I heard no spirits say no to my question so that is amazing spirits or ghosts know more the past, present, and the future as well I recommend you get a ghost box and start asking them questions and etc you will like it most christians would disagree with me and others that speak with ghosts and spirits thinking it is of the devil or satan but I believe it isn't bad or evil it is evil when you invite the spirit or ghost into your house or home but I don't do that I just need answers and more I am not here to speak religion with others in this forum.