Why aren't hospitals haunted?

Techciple

I guess it get's back to if one believes a spirit entity can be trapped or not. We've come across a lot of residual energy in those kind of institutions, but nothing that wanted to interact, intelligently. But that's our experience only. What seems to be the norm, and perhaps understandingly so, is spirits attending places of love and happiness during their earthly existence. That would be what I'd do, if I had a choice. Why would I want to hang around where I died, or was buried? People will expound the 'violent death' and 'trauma' theories as basis for spirits being in hospitals and the like, but it gets back to whether you believe that spirits can be trapped. Because that's all we have so far, belief.

Justinian

Good topic. They did the show Kingdom Hospital a few years back that Stephen King bought/stole from somebody in Europe to redo. That's really the only time other than in this post that I can recall anything being shown or talked about haunting an operational hospital. Now like Tn points out and I'm sure we've all read and seen, there are numerous abandoned hospitals that are reported with hauntings.. Good post Num. And everyone else, keep the stories coming, I've enjoyed reading them.

spooky2

I've heard this on radio a few days ago during the morning show. As Halloween is here, they happen to talk a bit about scary subjects, ghosts, spirits and such, so on Monday morning they were talking about ghosts and how/why these wandering spirits get to show up in certain places, trapped for unknown or uncertain reasons.

Let's say someone is assassinated in his house. That's a violent death and his ghost will allegedly haunt this place, trapped forever (or not?) in our realm. Maybe it's in the owner's head, maybe it's real, but that's a problem for another day. Let's assume here that all of this is real, for a second.

What about hospitals? Hundred if not thousands of people die in there every year, many of them die of violent death or not, but all of them will die of sickness, car accidents, you name it. How come the hospitals are not totally full of ghosts from all these people dying one after another over the years. I'm going to admit that I didn't search much about it on my own, but I can't remember anything I've ever read all over the years that had to do with people experiencing something that had to do with ghosts / haunting in an operational hospital.

Is it because the lights are always on? They turn the lights off in your room at night, yet no one has ever seen any ghost behind the curtains or in the room's bathroom.

Did you ever think about this?
Hospitals are haunted well some of them anyway especially abandoned ones.

spooky2

I thought about this on my way into work, and i believe it was stated before, but maybe being it is a hospital and the usual high death tolls in them that what ever collects souls or helps us move onto the next life are constantly there to help people move on so that way people arent lingering. Kind of like a harvest station so to speak.
Check out old south Pitsburg Hospital they have groups coming there all the time and all kinds of activity going on in their.

crashandburn

Just my opinion on it...

Given the number of abandoned hospitals that are haunted, it would stand to reason that there are a similar number of operational hospitals that are too. But, given the amount of physical activity occurring in an operational hospital, people wouldn't necessarily notice the paranormal activity. In an abandoned hospital, for example, objects moving on their own or disembodied voices would be viewed as paranormal. In an operational hospital, people would react to those same events with the mindset of someone else in the hospital having moved the objects or spoken.

spooky2

I've heard this on radio a few days ago during the morning show. As Halloween is here, they happen to talk a bit about scary subjects, ghosts, spirits and such, so on Monday morning they were talking about ghosts and how/why these wandering spirits get to show up in certain places, trapped for unknown or uncertain reasons.

Let's say someone is assassinated in his house. That's a violent death and his ghost will allegedly haunt this place, trapped forever (or not?) in our realm. Maybe it's in the owner's head, maybe it's real, but that's a problem for another day. Let's assume here that all of this is real, for a second.

What about hospitals? Hundred if not thousands of people die in there every year, many of them die of violent death or not, but all of them will die of sickness, car accidents, you name it. How come the hospitals are not totally full of ghosts from all these people dying one after another over the years. I'm going to admit that I didn't search much about it on my own, but I can't remember anything I've ever read all over the years that had to do with people experiencing something that had to do with ghosts / haunting in an operational hospital.

Is it because the lights are always on? They turn the lights off in your room at night, yet no one has ever seen any ghost behind the curtains or in the room's bathroom.

Did you ever think about this?
Good question and abandonded ones have ghosts

WhiteRaven

I agree crashandburn, I work in a Psychiatric Hospital and when it's busy, you're not going to notice things like you would in an abandoned place. I'm a Registrar and on slow nights might be by myself for hours at a time, I have definitely seen and heard things in there, most of the staff avoids our Outpatient hallway after hours as it is so creepy and I have even seen stuff during busy days. The most severe unit usually unsettles people the most, but oddly enough it's the seclusion room and area away from main patient areas that creep people out on that unit. I would definitely say our hospital has some hauntings, but we don't always notice them.

Khaos

where the wild things are
I too work in a Psychiatric Hospital. Recently got a job being contracted to work at a hospital a few miles up the road. Lovely place. I work daytime mostly, unfortunately, so its a tad busy. However a few times when I'm alone, I just feel as if something is watching me. There was that time a few weeks ago where I felt a cold hand grasp my shoulder, spun around and nothing is there.

Wee

Sweetheart, I work in and ICU and I have seen/felt more haunted entitis and spiritual energies there more than anyone else.

The saying in the ICU is death comes in threes, and it is very true. We have a 12 bed unit, labeled with letters A through L. Two of them have the biggest reputation for being considered the "death beds." D bed and L bed. Anytime one death occurs in that room, two more happen within the same week, and sometimes the same day. We are not a big hospital either.

Ive had call bells come on when no one is there, the television turn on and flip channels, 5 nurses and myself witnessed books flying off the shelves at the nurses station. The other day an IV pole was swinging back and forth in an empty patient room. A patient that died within minutes (unexpectedly) was quickly taken to the morgue. I was setting the room up for another admission when the monitor came on and a Tachycardic heart rate showed up of 210. then went down to 50, and back up to 210. The next patient admited to that room demanded that we move her to another one. She was very scared.

I worked in the central supply unit for a few years, on night shift. Its a small hospital so I was the only one there for 12 hours a night. I was putting a crash cart together, and I saw what I assumed was an Anesthesiologist or anesthesia tech come in frantically searching through supplies. He flung the door open and started throwing things everywhere. I said "Just one moment, and I will help you." I figured it must have been some type of emergency. I turned around for a split second and they were gone, vanished. I ran to look and all the supplies were still on the floor. I started walking back, a little shaken, and the crash cart flipped over on its back. Tell me how that is possible? Crash carts are not light. They just do not fall over on there own.

I can say that when you walk into a room of a dead person, the energy is indescribable. Sometimes, its very euphoric, peaceful, and other times it is very intense and overwhelming.

Oh hunny, hospitals are indeed haunted. It's not talked about often because its something most hospital workers are typically use to.