Yahoo Will Reportedly Launch A YouTube Rival This Summer

Khaos

where the wild things are
Oh! It sounds like you don't have a Google+ account, would that be correct? I think that's why you can't post comments on Youtube.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I remember correctly, you need a Google+ account in order to post comments on Youtube, right?

Right. But the point is, you shouldn't need a G+ account in order to post comments on YouTube. What Google has done with YouTube and their whole merging it with their stupid G+ crap, and forcing everyone to link their accounts to G+ and changing their usernames to their G+ names is just a disgusting hot mess. If there was an option to download my own videos, I would do so and delete my YouTube account.

And before you tell me I can unlink my YouTube account from G+ yes, you can, however Google has on occasion linked the accounts together without my knowledge. Even after I've unlinked them. That should be illegal.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Haha, we think the same way here.

I don't think it's respectful to the end user, to force him/her to have a Google+ account in order to post on Youtube. It's all about Google being aware of our every moves. I tried to delete my G+ account not so long ago. I restrained from doing so, as it would have deleted my Youtube account as well. What the hell Google?

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Oh! It sounds like you don't have a Google+ account, would that be correct? I think that's why you can't post comments on Youtube.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I remember correctly, you need a Google+ account in order to post comments on Youtube, right?

Yes, you are correct. And good luck undoing the damage that Google will do to your computer once you do agree to a Google+ account. In order to get my windows operating system to operate up to speed again, I had to reinstall the operating system. I found Google software on my computer that I didn't agree to. Everything I tried, to undo the damage was unsuccessful, short of reinstalling windows.

Khaos

where the wild things are

Yes, you are correct. And good luck undoing the damage that Google will do to your computer once you do agree to a Google+ account. In order to get my windows operating system to operate up to speed again, I had to reinstall the operating system. I found Google software on my computer that I didn't agree to. Everything I tried, to undo the damage was unsuccessful, short of reinstalling windows.

Reminds me of AOL. No matter how many times you delete the crap from your computer, its still there embedded and intertwined with system files. Reinstalling is the only option.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith

Reminds me of AOL. No matter how many times you delete the crap from your computer, its still there embedded and intertwined with system files. Reinstalling is the only option.

Or manually removing from the Windows registry.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Removing Google entries in the registry is pretty easy. But how do I replace what Google removed from the registry to operate the way it does? I have no way to determine what damage or changes were made to the registry. Most programs you install have the uninstall feature. Not so with Googles invasive software. I found a dozen entries in task scheduler that show Google was using my computer without my consent.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Removing Google entries in the registry is pretty easy. But how do I replace what Google removed from the registry to operate the way it does? I have no way to determine what damage or changes were made to the registry. Most programs you install have the uninstall feature. Not so with Googles invasive software. I found a dozen entries in task scheduler that show Google was using my computer without my consent.

Do you mean task manager? Do you have Google toolbars installed without knowing it? A lot of software includes it in the bundle and it's easy to miss the uncheckable part. But yes, if you still see it and can't find a way to remove everything, a reformat is in order.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer

Do you mean task manager? Do you have Google toolbars installed without knowing it? A lot of software includes it in the bundle and it's easy to miss the uncheckable part. But yes, if you still see it and can't find a way to remove everything, a reformat is in order.

I have noticed sometimes my system calls it task manager and sometimes task scheduler. Today it is task scheduler. I never install toolbars. In fact I use Firefox addons to disable the toolbars in Firefox just so I have the extra viewing room in my browser window. I kind of wish Opera had that addon too, since Opera is a much faster loading browser. But currently my system is Google free.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith

I have noticed sometimes my system calls it task manager and sometimes task scheduler. Today it is task scheduler. I never install toolbars. In fact I use Firefox addons to disable the toolbars in Firefox just so I have the extra viewing room in my browser window. I kind of wish Opera had that addon too, since Opera is a much faster loading browser. But currently my system is Google free.

I'm wondering if it is a virus disgusing itself as Google. There is something called the Google Redirect virus. Do you use antivirus products? It's strange to have google as a process if you have not installed any Google products.