Yahoo Will Reportedly Launch A YouTube Rival This Summer

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Do you mean task manager? Do you have Google toolbars installed without knowing it? A lot of software includes it in the bundle and it's easy to miss the uncheckable part. But yes, if you still see it and can't find a way to remove everything, a reformat is in order.

I have noticed sometimes my system calls it task manager and sometimes task scheduler. Today it is task scheduler. I never install toolbars. In fact I use Firefox addons to disable the toolbars in Firefox just so I have the extra viewing room in my browser window. I kind of wish Opera had that addon too, since Opera is a much faster loading browser. But currently my system is Google free.

I'm wondering if it is a virus disgusing itself as Google. There is something called the Google Redirect virus. Do you use antivirus products? It's strange to have google as a process if you have not installed any Google products.

Google is the virus. They used the same technique as a virus would use to install itself on my computer. At the time I was using Avast antivirus. And Avast never stopped Google. I don't use Avast anymore since they turned their virus program into an advertising platform for other products.

But I found out Google tricked me into installing Google+ onto my computer. They offered to let me have my username back. There was no mention that Google+ would be installed on my computer. And from what I found, it appears my computer was being used as some type of relay station after the username scenario. From that point on it was downhill. System performance went to a crawl speed. Uninstalling the sneaky Google+ application did not improve system performance. I just recently discovered all the different places a program can run without my knowledge. Task Scheduler appeared to have more tasks running for Google than it did for me. I tried a registry cleaner after removing all visible traces. That was a mistake. I lost complete functionality of portions of windows. I had no choice but to reinstall windows after that. And now performance is back up to par. So for the last couple of years my computer has been hijacked by Google without my consent.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Einstein, I can't PM you, so here:

I use AVG, the free version

I just recently switched over to Microsoft Security Essentials. So far I'm impressed. It did catch something that was on another drive. And I'm getting in the habit of doing virus scans now about three times a week.

Just checked this morning on the Avast forum. They have been hacked. The forum is completely gone. A message is up saying they are working on it.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Einstein, I can't PM you, so here:

I use AVG, the free version

I just recently switched over to Microsoft Security Essentials. So far I'm impressed. It did catch something that was on another drive. And I'm getting in the habit of doing virus scans now about three times a week.

Just checked this morning on the Avast forum. They have been hacked. The forum is completely gone. A message is up saying they are working on it.

Get rid of Avast. I recently was using it and I got a nasty virus it didn't catch. AVG found it. Unfortunately, too many files were damaged so I had to do a total reformat. It even went over the network. Had to install AVG on 4 computers and clean them. I'm the only one that had to reformat, though.