12 Year Old Cries Crystals!

kurisu

So I'm not sure exactly where I stand on this I've seen people cry blood but, never crystals. I can see easily how this can be done ( in a fake way that is ) but, I don't think anyone would actually fake something like this. I want to know what you guys think about this ~_~

Samstwitch

What a trip! I have never seen anything like it. I would say it's fake, but if the video is authentic, you can see it happening. If it's real, WOW!

kurisu

What a trip! I have never seen anything like it. I would say it's fake, but if the video is authentic, you can see it happening. If it's real, WOW!

Thats exactly what I think I'm not sure I would have what it takes to shove a crystal in the corner of my eye and, let it 'tear' out because a little piece of dust hurts enough never mind crystals lol

I wonder what type of crystals they are and, if they can be found naturally on earth

Peregrini

These crystals are most likely dacryoliths aka, ophthalmolith, tear stones. They are caused by Nasolacrimal Duct Obstruction or simply a blocked tear duct. "Stuff", tear salt, skin cells, and other debris accumulate in the blocked area and can be squeezed out (hopefully before surgery is needed). The only other option is they are "sucked up" into the nose and into the nasolacrimal duct and out the lacrimal canaliculi. Either way, not something spectacular. The only thing spectacular would be if it is true that none of the ophthalmologists she has supposedly seen diagnosed it.
Nasolacrimal Duct Obstruction (blocked tear duct) | Total Eye

Samstwitch

These crystals are most likely dacryoliths aka, ophthalmolith, tear stones. They are caused by Nasolacrimal Duct Obstruction or simply a blocked tear duct. "Stuff", tear salt, skin cells, and other debris accumulate in the blocked area and can be squeezed out (hopefully before surgery is needed). The only other option is they are "sucked up" into the nose and into the nasolacrimal duct and out the lacrimal canaliculi. Either way, not something spectacular. The only thing spectacular would be if it is true that none of the ophthalmologists she has supposedly seen diagnosed it.
Nasolacrimal Duct Obstruction (blocked tear duct) | Total Eye

OMG, are you serious? You mean you are familiar with this condition? Absolutely amazing! I'm impressed. I never heard of it before.

Peregrini

Not that amazing. When you study Biology you run across a lot of obscure things. Sometimes something jars my memory and I have to look it up again to be sure. This case was one of those times. I also recall magicians doing a similar trick blowing smoke from their eye. Nothing like cancer of the nasolacrimal duct.