A collection of small happenings.

Negan

THE member
I thought I’d collect some of the smaller happenings that aren’t worthy of a post of their own and combine them. I hope you find them interesting.

“The Shadow Racer”

Both my younger brother and sister have seen this besides myself. I don’t remember who saw it first, but it was me that mentioned it to them who in return told me they too had seen it. It usually happens outside my mother’s apartment during twilight. It appears to be a shadow of a person on a bicycle that “swooshes” past extremely fast.

Example:
2zp7.png

I first saw it in our kitchen as I was standing looking out the window which faces the road. I first thought it was a guy on a bike, but realized he’d have to be travelling very fast to create such a blur. Then it happened again upstairs in my room as I looked out the window that also looks towards the road. It only lasts a split second before it’s gone again.

I mention this to my brother who in return tells me he’s also seen the shadow race by on numerous occasions. I ask my sister if she’s seen it, and she says “Yes, it kinda looks like someone is biking past very fast”.

No clue what it was, but no one has seen it in 10 or so years.

“The Eye in the Peephole”

This happened around 1993 in Florida. My mother was renting a small home in a quaint little suburb. A lot of good memories from this place, like watching Jurassic Park in the theaters, or swimming with friends at the lake behind our houses. But there are a couple things that happened in this house, this is what happened to me.

Being eleven or twelve at the time and my brother half my age, we hated going to bed. So after my mom would head off to sleep, he’d sneak into my room so we could sit up playing the SNES until we only had a couple of hours sleep until school.

Well, one night my brother and I were playing, and we heard something that sounded like a knock or bump at the front door. My room was situated so I could hear people come and people go during the day. My brother and I decided to investigate. So, we turned off the TV in my room so it’d be pitch black. We crawled out and made our way to the door. There’s big windows on each side of the door which I use to peek out of, but at the angle I was and not wanting to be seen if anyone was out there, it made it difficult for me to get a good view.

So I crawl to the front of the door and slowly stand up. I look out the peep hole and to my horror, an eye is peering back at me. I tell my brother “Run!” as we run into my mother’s room who wasn’t exactly happy to see us awake at 3AM. We tell her what happened, and she goes to check it out. Nothing was out of the ordinary. She checks the peep hole, looks out the window, nothing. But I swear, there was an eye looking back at me. It sends shivers down my back to this day.

“The Cold Touch”

This happened to my mother at the same house as the previous story. Sometimes my mother would be up late herself binge watching Shark Week on Discovery. She’d sometimes fall asleep on the couch only to wake up on her own a little later to go to bed.

That night was a little different.

She was watching Shark Week when she started hearing what sounded like asthmatic wheezing. Concerned it was our dog, she looked under the table where the dog was sleeping only to hear nothing. She thought it reminded her of something, and later on she said it could have sounded like the wheezing her grandfather had.

She brushes it off and continues indulging in her fear of sharks until she falls asleep. She suddenly awakens sometime after by someone touching her arm. She said the hand was ice cold and she could still feel it after she was awake. Combined with the wheezing she heard earlier, it made her uncomfortable.

“Run shadow, run!”

Fast forwards to 2006 to Norway. My mother and I are in her living room late one night watching TV. I’m sitting in a swiveling chair and she’s laying on the sofa. Everything is normal, I don’t recall what’s on the TV but I was getting ready to head on off to bed. But before I could do or say anything, I notice what seemed to be a shadow to my right on the wall race from one end to another.

I turn to my mother and was about to tell her about it, but didn’t feel like getting into a discussion about ghosts. I turn back towards the TV and my mom says, “Were you going to say something about the shadow?”.

My mother noticed it too, race from one end of the wall to the other. It’s not the first nor the last time my mother will notice shadows run across her walls.

“The Golden Fireworks”

This is a strange story first experienced by my mother. Again, she was lying on the sofa relaxing watching TV (her and that sofa…) when out of the blue, what appeared to be beautiful golden fireworks the size of a plate appears at the leg of the living room table. Confused, my mother gets up and turns on a light. She even utters “Hello?” in case something was there. She tells us about it, we find it interesting, but we leave it at that.

Example:
2zpb.png

A week passes and I’m the one on the sofa late at night and everyone was asleep. I remember the TV was on VH1 and a song by Madonna was playing. I remember thinking to myself, “Ugh, I hate Madonna. At least this song isn’t half bad”. As I finished that sentence to myself, I see what looks like golden fireworks in the ceiling. Really pretty, almost like glowing golden glitter. I wasn’t afraid, in fact my first thought was “Huh, pretty”.

I tell my mom what happened, and she was happy that I got to see it too. Fast forwards another week and my brother and I are in the living room. I’m sitting in the sofa, and he’s sitting by my feet playing on his Gameboy. He turns around and starts talking to me about a difficult level in the game he’s playing when suddenly, he shuts up and just stares at me.

“What?” I ask, “I just saw what you and momma saw”. Kinda freaked out of by how he just shut up, I ask where he saw it. “On your face”. I exclaim, “On my face!?” and he just sits and nods and then proceeds to tell me exactly what it looked like.

I didn’t see it, despite it obviously being on my face. I often wonder what those lights were. None of us has seen them since.

More to come.

Negan

THE member
I don’t have a title for this one, it’s just weird. My daughter and I both have experienced this sensation unbeknownst to each other before recently.

What happens is that we’ll be in bed trying to go to sleep when all of a sudden it feels like someone sits down on the bed next to us. We can feel the springs compress. I’ve felt this about three times, but what’s even stranger is the sensation that someone or something is “slithering” very gently across my legs on top of my blanket. I’ve found myself gently kick out of habit thinking it’s a pillow or blanket that’s not sitting right. I’ve had this happen about three or four times.

It wasn’t before last week that my daughter confided in me that she felt someone sitting in her bed. I raised my eyes and asked if she felt like something was being gently pulled over her legs. “Yes!”. She likened it to a cat gently walking over her legs.

Whatever it is, it’s not frightening. Just odd.

(I had another story here, but it's one that still affects me to this day so I'm removing it. I don't like talking about it.)

Last edited:

Negan

THE member
"Say my name"

This happened last night to my mother. As you all know she loves dozing off on her sofas. Last night was no different. She was watching TV thinking that she'd just fall asleep on the couch when suddenly she heard her name being called. "Heidi"

She says, "yes" thinking it was my younger brother, but he doesn't call her by her first name. She then realized no one else was around and sat up. It was at this point she heard someone in the kitchen. Again, she thought it was my younger brother so she called out to him but no answer. A little weary, she got up and made her way out to the kitchen. It was untouched. My younger brother was fast asleep in his upstairs bedroom.

I just got off the phone with her now and she said it's the craziest thing that has happened for the past couple of years.

Last edited:

lamdo263

I thought I’d collect some of the smaller happenings that aren’t worthy of a post of their own and combine them. I hope you find them interesting.

“The Shadow Racer”

Both my younger brother and sister have seen this besides myself. I don’t remember who saw it first, but it was me that mentioned it to them who in return told me they too had seen it. It usually happens outside my mother’s apartment during twilight. It appears to be a shadow of a person on a bicycle that “swooshes” past extremely fast.

Example:
2zp7.png

I first saw it in our kitchen as I was standing looking out the window which faces the road. I first thought it was a guy on a bike, but realized he’d have to be travelling very fast to create such a blur. Then it happened again upstairs in my room as I looked out the window that also looks towards the road. It only lasts a split second before it’s gone again.

I mention this to my brother who in return tells me he’s also seen the shadow race by on numerous occasions. I ask my sister if she’s seen it, and she says “Yes, it kinda looks like someone is biking past very fast”.

This happened around 1993 in Florida. My mother was renting a small home in a quaint little suburb. A lot of good memories from this place, like watching Jurassic Park in the theaters, or swimming with friends at the lake behind our houses. But there are a couple things that happened in this house, this is what happened to me.

Being eleven or twelve at the time and my brother half my age, we hated going to bed. So after my mom would head off to sleep, he’d sneak into my room so we could sit up playing the SNES until we only had a couple of hours sleep until school.

Well, one night my brother and I were playing, and we heard something that sounded like a knock or bump at the front door. My room was situated so I could hear people come and people go during the day. My brother and I decided to investigate. So, we turned off the TV in my room so it’d be pitch black. We crawled out and made our way to the door. There’s big windows on each side of the door which I use to peek out of, but at the angle I was and not wanting to be seen if anyone was out there, it made it difficult for me to get a good view.

So I crawl to the front of the door and slowly stand up. I look out the peep hole and to my horror, an eye is peering back at me. I tell my brother “Run!” as we run into my mother’s room who wasn’t exactly happy to see us awake at 3AM. We tell her what happened, and she goes to check it out. Nothing was out of the ordinary. She checks the peep hole, looks out the window, nothing. But I swear, there was an eye looking back at me. It sends shivers down my back to this day.

“The Cold Touch”

This happened to my mother at the same house as the previous story. Sometimes my mother would be up late herself binge watching Shark Week on Discovery. She’d sometimes fall asleep on the couch only to wake up on her own a little later to go to bed.

She was watching Shark Week when she started hearing what sounded like asthmatic wheezing. Concerned it was our dog, she looked under the table where the dog was sleeping only to hear nothing. She thought it reminded her of something, and later on she said it could have sounded like the wheezing her grandfather had.

She brushes it off and continues indulging in her fear of sharks until she falls asleep. She suddenly awakens sometime after by someone touching her arm. She said the hand was ice cold and she could still feel it after she was awake. Combined with the wheezing she heard earlier, it made her uncomfortable.

“Run shadow, run!”

Fast forwards to 2006 to Norway. My mother and I are in her living room late one night watching TV. I’m sitting in a swiveling chair and she’s laying on the sofa. Everything is normal, I don’t recall what’s on the TV but I was getting ready to head on off to bed. But before I could do or say anything, I notice what seemed to be a shadow to my right on the wall race from one end to another.

I turn to my mother and was about to tell her about it, but didn’t feel like getting into a discussion about ghosts. I turn back towards the TV and my mom says, “Were you going to say something about the shadow?”.

My mother noticed it too, race from one end of the wall to the other. It’s not the first nor the last time my mother will notice shadows run across her walls.

“The Golden Fireworks”

This is a strange story first experienced by my mother. Again, she was lying on the sofa relaxing watching TV (her and that sofa…) when out of the blue, what appeared to be beautiful golden fireworks the size of a plate appears at the leg of the living room table. Confused, my mother gets up and turns on a light. She even utters “Hello?” in case something was there. She tells us about it, we find it interesting, but we leave it at that.

Example:
2zpb.png

A week passes and I’m the one on the sofa late at night and everyone was asleep. I remember the TV was on VH1 and a song by Madonna was playing. I remember thinking to myself, “Ugh, I hate Madonna. At least this song isn’t half bad”. As I finished that sentence to myself, I see what looks like golden fireworks in the ceiling. Really pretty, almost like glowing golden glitter. I wasn’t afraid, in fact my first thought was “Huh, pretty”.

I tell my mom what happened, and she was happy that I got to see it too. Fast forwards another week and my brother and I are in the living room. I’m sitting in the sofa, and he’s sitting by my feet playing on his Gameboy. He turns around and starts talking to me about a difficult level in the game he’s playing when suddenly, he shuts up and just stares at me.

“What?” I ask, “I just saw what you and momma saw”. Kinda freaked out of by how he just shut up, I ask where he saw it. “On your face”. I exclaim, “On my face!?” and he just sits and nods and then proceeds to tell me exactly what it looked like.

I didn’t see it, despite it obviously being on my face. I often wonder what those lights were. None of us has seen them since.

More to come.
Called fast walkers TTers from the future. Heard a special on this.

trac smit

“The Shadow Racer”

Example:
2zp7.png

“The Cold Touch”

“Run shadow, run!”

“The Golden Fireworks”

Example:
2zpb.png

More to come.

Sound like fungus. Seriously. When's the last time you deep cleaned your house?

The blanket sensation is your legs relaxing as your spine relaxes. Perfectly normal. Stop being so hyper and scrub the wall celings & floors in your home very seriously.