Alternate Energy And Our Future

Timebender

Re: Alternate Energy And Our Future

The following site will give you everything you need to know including color photos of the construction of several wind generators. These homebuilt units outperform many commercial models!
This is the design criteria I used for my homebuilt.
www.OtherPower.com

Timebender

Six,
As long as you're researching Earth Batteries, have a look at "Ground Radio" as both are parallel technologies that have been around since at least the thirties and there are some indications that "ancient civilisations" may have utilized such energy.
TB

Timebender

I was trying to upload a diag and cannot seem to get it here. For some reason I cannot upload an image. If anyone else has this option, please let me know and I'll forward the diag for this thread.
TB

smokeringhalo

I just finished reading one of the most facinating stories I have ever read and was going to start a thread about it when I noticed you already had a topic going that fits.
All who have produced alternative free-energy have been destroyed by the fossil energy cartels and this is the disturbing and cautionary tale of someone who lived it.
Its been a very long time since I have read something that amazed, shocked, sickened, disgusted, and enlightened me at the same time and I consider it a must read for anyone who remotely finds alternate energy interesting.
It even mentions the 100 MPG carb you talked about earlier as being invented and patented many many times over. All patents now belonging to the automotive industry.
After reading this story I couldn't help feeling that it would make a great "true-story" movie.
http://www.ahealedplanet.net/advent.htm

thenumbersix

Ah Timebender, I knew I'd seen this post somewhere, right under my nose...

Have been trying out those Earth batteries, any pointers gratefully received...:D

Earth Battery Experiment

aah, and many more posts here. TB, mail me the pics n I'll host them for you np.

Very interesting on the wind generator, shall be having a little play with that soon also by the looks of it.

I live in a town with a fair sized garden and we seem to have a bit of a wind buffer where the wind whistles up the back of the houses yet we have a nice still bit inbetween the houses to sit in (best of both worlds :)).

All we need now is a cheap and effective way of making a solar panel....time for some google me thinks..

And a link to the Diesel Alternative :

Veggie Power

Timebender

Okay, I'll try that diagram one more time,

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"thenumbersix\")</div>
aah, and many more posts here. TB, mail me the pics n I'll host them for you np.

Thanks for the offer. ?I finally got the diagram up in this thread.

All we need now is a cheap and effective way of making a solar panel....time for some google me thinks..

Check out \"TI02\" solar panels (titanium dioxide). ?They are cheap but do have their own peculiarities. ?Never mind spending big $$ getting the ti02 from a chem supply, go to a major paint supplier as it's used as an addative and much cheaper by the bag.
[/b]
Thanks for the link,
TB

thenumbersix

cheers, will have a look at that.

earth%20battery%20voltage.jpg

This 'morning' it was down to 0.5v. The acidity of the soil definitely seems to have an effect, topped it up with a bit of that fizzy black stuff (approx. a cup full) and it has risen to 0.75. The soil is very dry here anyway. The meter shows -0.75, got the terminals backwards.... Not bad for two bits of old pipe stuck in the ground...

The soil it is in has a PH of 8, this is 1 PH 'point' above neutral so I need more acidity in the soil, am going to leave some water dripping on it overnight tonight and see what effect that has....

Looking at the chart I'm gonna try some stainless steel instead of copper on the next one, also going to buy a bag of peat, apparently it's very acidic. And will probably make more than one cell. Going to try and supply 5v or 6v from the one bag of peat on the next one, probably tomorrow.

No luck with the image, says I don't have permission to look at it, maybe an admin can help out here ;)