Debate Are UFOs a figment of our imagination?

Num7

Administrator
Staff
A comment I made in another thread gave me the idea of creating this debate.

Some people believe in UFOs, others don't. Many people including myself didn't necessarily saw tons of UFOs in their lives. I don't even know if the one I think I saw was actually one, although that's something completely different. I tend to be in the "I want to believe" clan, which possibly makes me a good candidate to see what I think are UFOs. That doesn't mean I see actual alien spaceships moving across the sky.

I don't want to ask you if aliens are real or not, that's a debate for another day. This debate is about UFOs. Are flying saucers, real flying saucers visiting us from other worlds? Or are UFOs the fruit of our imaginations? I suppose we can consider secret government ships as a possibility if you want.

I personally can't believe we were able to make that up. It can't be. UFOs got to be real, otherwise, what the hell are people from all over the world seeing in the sky? I believe that a lot of people have seen flying saucers. Not all of the stories we heard were actual UFOs, but some, if not many of them were UFOs. That's what I think.

What do you think? Do you want to believe?

Khaos

where the wild things are
Aliens are the first thing to come to mind when hearing the word UFO for a lot of people. Considering Aliens and UFO's have been associated with each other so many times in media and entertainment. The term UFO, is just that, a flying object that has no visible identification. Imagine being a settler in the 1700s, and seeing a fighter jet. That settler wouldn't be able to identify it so he would label it a UFO.

UFO's are real, if you use that standpoint. Coming across an object in the air, that you have never seen before, nobody has seen before. Seeing a new type of bird, could be a UFO (the bird could have four wings and two heads)

I've seen UFO's but I think they are more government crafts. I don't think of aliens when I see a UFO. I believe Aliens visited us in the past (ancient astronauts) but are they here now, visiting us in UFO's? I don't believe so.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I do believe that some UFOs are definitely government crafts being tested by the army and such. Some must be of alien origins too, but in both cases, they are genuine cases. Our imagination didn't make them up. We weren't fooled by our sense, or tricked because we want to believe so much.

BlastTyrant

There are so so so many cases of Multiple people seeing UFO's and even the US Army and Air Force Engaging UFO's so there is no doubt in my mind they are real. Think of the Arizona Lights, or Battle of Los Angeles or the Thousands of Foo Fighter sightings during WW2.

Paradoxical

People are seeing "something", what that something IS is problematic. I think the leaks about MKUltra are valid, we also know objects whether new military aircraft or actual ufo's seem to employ different levels of cloaking technology. In light of this how can one even begin to trust their own physical senses?

It looks like camera's are better at "seeing" what's really there?

Num7

Administrator
Staff
The cameras may be better, but videos are so easy to fake... I'm not sure what we're supposed to believe except our own eyes.

One of the best opportunities are mass sightings, but they don't happen that much. When they do happen, serious medias often debunk, dismiss or flat out ignore them. Too bad.

BlastTyrant

There was a good mass sighting in California i believe, was covered by CNN for a little bit but all has dispersed and replaced by Snooki's love child, since that is what people this day and age care about