Artificial Megastructures in the Galaxy

Hey everyone I have been doing some reading around and talking to a few friends of mine about recent astronomy topics when they showed me a couple interesting articles. One was of a "Coal black planet" that was so dark it absorbed all light and reflected little as 'waste heat' Coal-Black Alien Planet Is Darkest Ever Seen| Extrasolar Planets & Alien Worlds | Kepler Planet Hunting Spacecraft | Space.com

He told me that the coal black planet could in fact be a giant megastructure known as a Jupiter Brain, which is a supercomputer the size of a planet. Yes, a seriously advanced race can construct such a thing especially if they use nanomachines to convert it into computer hardware/software. Basically it would absorb the stars heat to power itself and give off light as mere waste heat.

Not saying it is... but its interesting and has marks of an artificial structure.

The other one could be obvious mining going on in this system here. Vanishing Dust Belt Around Star Baffles Scientists | Space.com

What do you guys think?

Loopi

The Bearded One
Thats a pretty interesting read. It's not sooo far fetched about the planet being a giant super computer. I mean, there are a few people that think we'll have Technological Singularity in the 21st century. So put them a few thousand years ahead of us and boom - planet computer. lol

The disappearing dust is quite intriguing I mean, a scientist literally explained it as "A Magic trick, now you see it. Now you don't"
Mining would certainly explain it. Good Finds!!!

And they are relatively close to our solar system so its conceivable if they have detection tech capable of seeing our own civilization by now they should know we exist assuming we have not met said species doing them (I did calculations and both stars lay on opposite sides of our solar system relative to where we would see them so its conceivable that's its either they have one huge ass territory or its two different species moving in a direction toward us)

Unless the mining and the giant planet computer are done by one of the species that's currently allegedly visiting Earth, it gives us an insight into how advanced these species really are.

Loopi

The Bearded One
After seeing our past with "visits" and we sacrificed ourselves or resources to get the "Gods" to come back.
They could see it in our best interest to stay out, until we are ready?

Nahhh, I like the potential humanity has. Tech is increasing at rapid rates (some parts thanks to the alien infiltrators I have talked about) Think of what we can accomplish in the next decade, fifty even the next century.

Other countries like China and Russia will take a lead in space exploration. The US will still do it but will end up working with China and Russia with stuff like moon colonies, space stations and the like. (Just a political analysis :) )

Loopi

The Bearded One
Don't get me wrong. I think we have great potential... I just think we might be alittle biased:ROFLMAO: