Astral Projection???

StarLord

Re: Astral Projection???

Sounds to me you are in the 'transition' awareness spot of in between the waking state, the physical and the dream state, the Astral. The feelings of this exact spot should be cultivated and 'memorized' if I can use that term. The next time you contemplate to get to this area, you have the feelings and the 'motions' to steer by. It's no big deal. If you wanted to leave that space in a hurry, just freak out and get scared, that usually shunts one's awareness back to the body in a hurry, but a trip like that usually is very uncomfortable / pain for a sharp instant. Kind of like forcing that sail boat back into the bottle, it won't break by any means, but that sensation can be unsetteling.

Crosstika

I used to get scared and force my way out of it, now whenever it happens I just relax and see where it takes me, I usually just stay in the limbo for a while and eventually wake up. I've tried to project myself from this state before and it wouldn't work. Any tips?

StarLord

Sure, don't 'project' or push from that spot. It's all a matter of Attention. I have been saying this for ages. When you're in that spot, imagine a place you know very well that you remember from one of your travels. Imagine what it feels like to be there, what are the sounds? What is the light like? Build that place in your minds eye. By placing your Attention at that place, your consciousness has to follow.
Get it?

Arez

i once had this happen to me it was no intentional it just happened.

i was feeling ill once and my concentration was really messed up, it may of not been messed up i may of just been concentrating on this one spot really hard. but my mate was talkin to me and i didnt even know what he was saying properly, all i remeber is saying yes. then suddenly all i remeber seeing myself from a distance. it was like i was sitting on in a window at the top of the roof of the room and i was just looking down at myself. was really cool but dunno how i did it and never really thought about doing it again

StarLord

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Crosstika\")</div>
I think I get what you're sayin... it's kind of like lucid dreaming eh?[/b]

Hmm, sort of but even in lucid dreaming we very rarely 'take over' and direct consciously. This is VERY much like having a computer. Unless you consciously decide to do something (run a program) it will do nothing, and you are simply a observer. The Vehicle is your attention, where your attention is at you will go. If your attention is on whats happening at the moment, you go nowhere. If you place your Attention on WHERE YOU WANT TO BE, you 'start the program running' and you eventually get there. Get it now?

darkbreed

I used to get scared and force my way out of it, now whenever it happens I just relax and see where it takes me, I usually just stay in the limbo for a while and eventually wake up. I've tried to project myself from this state before and it wouldn't work. Any tips?

I read you had sleep paralysis. It is completely common and its highly related to astral projecion. It is quite normal to be in this state right before or right aftrer a projection. You may have projected without remembering it, as your mind may have been focused on what your physical body experienced, and not what your astral one did.

The clue is to get the awareness shifted from the physical body over to the astral body.

It is also about getting the memory of the astral interpreted into the physical bodys brain. Or to say, its about remembering, and this is a task in itself.