BREAKING NEWS: NASA/NOAA Sends Geomagnetic Storm "WARNING"

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
BREAKING NEWS: NASA/NOAA Sends Geomagnetic Storm "WARNING"

1445.jpg

by Mitch Battros - Earth Changes Media

This is the second strong warning the space and atmospheric agencies have put out for cycle 24. Several coronal mass ejections (CMEs) along with coronal hole and filament discharges have been produced over the last 72 hours. The cumulative effect of these events has caused an unexpected alert. The status of this event has been placed as a G3 'Strong' event.
2375.jpg
The following agencies have been put on alert: The FAA, US Air Force, National Security Space Office (NSSO) and National Security Telecommunications Advisory Committee (NSTAC) [NSSO and NSTAC is a joint committee which oversees commercial and military satellite operations], and the North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) which oversees eight regional reliability entities and encompasses all of the interconnected power systems of the contiguous United States, Canada and a portion of Baja California in Mexico.
Take a look at the video below to see the power and number of particle discharges. Something is odd about this series of events. We would expect to see the velocity of such events to be associated with high range M-class flares (between 7-9) or X-class flare (between 1-5).
1924.jpg
Watch for extreme weather events over the next 72 hours - this would include large earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, hurricane (water) tornado (land), and various extreme weather fluctuations.
Equation:
Charged Particles (sunspots, solar flares, filament, coronal holes, etc.) => Magnetic Field Shift => Shifting Ocean and Jet Stream Currents => Extreme Weather and Human Disruption (mitch battros 1998 Updated: 2012).
Stay tuned for updates -----

Samstwitch

Professor, can you give us a Link to where the warning was posted on the Internet?

TnWatchdog

Additional info regarding this thread. Watch the vid in the next post.

Published on Oct 1, 2012 by SolarWatcher
CME Impact & G3 Class Geomagnetic Storm
The Sep 28th Coronal Mass Ejection (CME) impacted Earth’s magnetic field at 22:20UTC last night sparking strong Geomagnetic storms at high latitudes today. The Bz component of the interplanetary magnetic field (IMF) sharply deviated to -35 nT during the impact. A weak interplanetary shock wave hit Earth at 10:20 UT followed by a stronger CME strike at approximately 22:20 UT. Earth’s magnetic field is still reverberating in response to these impacts.
SolarWatcher website
http://solarwatcher.net

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
Northern lights shine with the moon

imagesizer

Jonathan Tucker
Jonathan Tucker's Sept. 30 photo captures the aurora's reflection in the Yukon lake below. For more of Tucker's work, check out Tucker's gallery on 500px.com,
By Alan Boyle

The good news is that the northern lights hit the heights this weekend, with auroral displays visible as far south as Illinois — and the bad news wasn't all that bad. Sure, the glare of the "Harvest Moon" interfered somewhat, but you could argue that the moonlight added some extra shine to the show.

The northern lights are such a subtle phenomenon that they're best seen from the countryside, far from city lights, and that was the case for Jonathan Tucker, who captured the "September Lights" you see above on Sunday night, near Whitehorse in Canada's Yukon Territory.

"I was sitting at home, and when I looked out my window I noticed the northern lights were out," he told SpaceWeather.com, "so I grabbed my camera and went to a close spot that would be away from city lights. The auroras didn't last long, but I got this shot."

Meanwhile, on Michigan's Upper Peninsula, Lake Superior Photo's Shawn Malone was heading home from work and watching the moon rise when he noticed spikes of greenish light to the south.

"Immediately looked to the north, and the sky was on fire," Malone told SpaceWeather.com. "Light every direction, multiple arcs at the same time overhead and to the south — had a hard time deciding which way to point the camera!"

Another Upper Michigander, Mark Riutta of Defined Visuals, caught what he called a "mild display of aurora activity" over the Portage Canal in Houghton, Mich.

"I wish it was a little better show, but once the almost full moon got higher in the sky, it seemed to diminish the aurora's intensity," Riutta, whose told me in an email.

imagesizer

Shawn Malone / LakeSuperiorPhoto.com

The sky is aglow during an auroral display over Michigan's Central Upper Peninsula.

For more photos from Shawn Malone, check out

Aurora Borealis over Portage Canal - September 30th, 2012 from Defined Visuals on Vimeo.

Not to worry, Mark: What you saw was a sight that would make folks like me green with envy. Generally speaking, the best time to see an aurora would be around midnight, from a dark location with clear skies. The higher your latitude, the better. But timing is everything: It does no good to go out to an aurora-viewing spot if there's no aurora. You have to get out and look north (or look south, if you're in Australia, New Zealand or Antarctica) when geomagnetic activity is high — as it was on Sunday night.

Even if you missed Sunday's show, there are more auroral extravaganzas to come, thanks in part to the current upswing in the 11-year solar activity cycle. Keep a watch on the Space Weather Prediction Center's website and Facebook page — and for the current word on space weather, as well as pictures from past auroral displays, you can't do any better than SpaceWeather.com.