Could this be a cloaked UFO?

Samstwitch

If this is an unaltered video, Wow, I have no idea! It's very unusual and interesting. I'm anxious to hear what others think it might be. Perhaps Professor Opmmur could give us his input.

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
What do you think?
Wow, I have no idea!

It's not a UFO with a broken cloaking device; it's a somewhat common meteorological event:
Amazing video of a bizarre, twisting, dancing cloud : Bad Astronomy
The answer lies in this: ice crystals, especially long needles, tend to become aligned with the ambient electric field.

So what you are seeing is sunlight reflecting off ice crystal faces that are constantly being oriented by the developing electric field just above the [cumulonimbus] top. Then there is a discharge in the cloud, and the field collapses momentarily, and the crystals begin to realign again. Then this just keeps happening over and over.

iknowitall

The answer lies in this: ice crystals, especially long needles, tend to become aligned with the ambient electric field.

So what you are seeing is sunlight reflecting off ice crystal faces that are constantly being oriented by the developing electric field just above the [cumulonimbus] top. Then there is a discharge in the cloud, and the field collapses momentarily, and the crystals begin to realign again. Then this just keeps happening over and over.
[/quote]
Huh, what do ya know. So it's just light reflecting off some kind of ice crystals in a cloud. Makes sense I guess.

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

Huh, what do ya know. So it's just light reflecting off some kind of ice crystals in a cloud. Makes sense I guess.

That's part of it; the movement you see is the ice crystals being thrown around by developing electromagnetic fields.

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
If this is an unaltered video, Wow, I have no idea! It's very unusual and interesting. I'm anxious to hear what others think it might be. Perhaps Professor Opmmur could give us his input.

Thank you for asking my opinion: I’ve only viewed the video once and would like more times to view it. My best guess is it’s a lightning storm and someone is in an airplane flying over the clouded rain storm, and what you’re seeing is lightning with multiple strikes, which gives you the illusion that something is moving when you look through the rain clouds. I have seen this phenomenon before when I’ve flying over storms below me, when I was looking out the aircraft window at night.

Professor Opmmur