Current state of popularity

Kurt

I haven't studied the occult that much but it is my understanding that it's always been a curiosity of man and in the medieval times many people believed it was real. Now, there still seems to be a strong interest in it as I've seen very popular websites and shops dedicated to it so obviously it still has a significant following which is interesting as many people that religion is in decline.

Many horror movies and games also tend to lean towards occult plots now as well and even some of those Japanese cartoons.

Itheblaze

They believe what they see on T.V. is real. Just a twinkle of the nose and 'Pooff' all the dishes are done. How cool to be a 'whitelighter' and zip around the world in an instant helping strangers. I don't wanna go to public school with all the boring Muggles (stomp, stomp!), I wanna be a Slytherin! Unfortunatly, the youth take this to heart, and dive into occult books and ouija boards looking for magical knowledge, not realizing you could attract evil/malevolent spirits, making this life hell. Some doors should just stay closed.

PoisonApple

Badass ☆。*♡✧*。
Zenith
I once watched something on YouTube about the Illuminati (yeah, another thing about the Illuminati...) and they pointed out how companies like Disney and whatnot are trying to get our kids to believe in magic as a part of the Illuminati agenda...*shrug* There definitely is a growing interest in the occult...