Dead Birds and Fish around the world

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Maybe a disease, but they wouldn't die all at the same time while flying, that's impossible.

I'd vote for the magnetic theory, although I'm not convinced at all. It's just the only believable possibility I'm seeing right now. It did affect fish too, does it make sense ? I'm no expert in animals, but aren't fish supposed to use something in order to migrate and stuff ? What about whales and other big fish too ?

NerdyGilr3

Hmm not sure about the disease thing, I don't know any disease that could act that fast! And the bird's necropsy didn't show anything abnormal, if there would have been a disease, it would have affected organs, tissues, or anything!
About the fish, for sure the magnetic poles does help them to orient themselves, but I'm quite sure it's a lot less than birds.
I think it's mostly climate changes and pollution that could affect fish right now. http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.asp?NewsID=25716

BTW, Num, a whale is a mammal, not a "big fish" ! Hahaha
biggrin.png

Magtron

there are many things going on in the world that we don't understand. until we find out what has happened it will be just unknown.