Double slit experiments and consciousness

Rosco..Jones

The double-slit experiment was performed with different test subjects, trying to influence the results. Not surprisingly, subjects that meditated, were open minded or with any metaphysical experiences did influence the results. Sadly, the control subjects could not say the same. These experiments do indicate that the observer can influence the experiment via consciousness alone.

:: arNQ eprints :: - arNQ Eprints Subjects - Consciousness and the double-slit interference pattern: Six experiments

Author: Dean Radin, Leena Michel, Karla Galdamez et al.,, Download URL, Journal: Physics Essays, Year: 2012,
Volume: 25, Issue: 2, Pages: 157-171, Published, PDF - Acrobat
ABSTRACT
A double-slit optical system was used to test the possible role of consciousness in the collapse of the quantum wave function. The ratio of the interference pattern's double-slit spectral power to its single-slit spectral power was predicted to decrease when attention was focused toward the double slit as compared to away from it. Each test session consisted of 40 counterbalanced attention-toward and attention-away epochs, where each epoch lasted between 15 and 30 s. Data contributed by 137 people in six experiments, involving a total of 250 test sessions, indicate that on average the spectral ratio decreased as predicted (z=-4.36, p=6x10-6). Another 250 control sessions conducted without observers present tested hardware, software, and analytical procedures for potential artifacts; none were identified (z=0.43, p=0.67). Variables including temperature, vibration, and signal drift were also tested, and no spurious influences were identified. By contrast, factors associated with consciousness, such as meditation experience, electro-cortical markers of focused attention, and psychological factors including openness and absorption, significantly correlated in predicted ways with perturbations in the double-slit interference pattern. The results appear to be consistent with a consciousness-related interpretation of the quantum measurement problem.

Octavusprime

These types of experiments are very interesting. Reminds me of the ones done with random number generators. The more people focusing on the same thought the more powerful the results.

You here about ancient cultures using mass praying and rituals that include thousands I'd people. Were they able to cause rain, remove blights and guarantee fruitful harvests using the power of the mind to effect the world around them. The traditional view is that these rituals were fruitless endevoirs and the mass "religious" aspect did good for moral but little else. I wonder if the ancients knew of this power and man has slowly forgotten.

Ancient man knew more about the world than we often give them credit.

Thanks for posting this. If I focus hard enough maybe I can win the lottery.

Octavusprime

These types of experiments are very interesting. Reminds me of the ones done with random number generators. The more people focusing on the same thought the more powerful the results.

You here about ancient cultures using mass praying and rituals that include thousands I'd people. Were they able to cause rain, remove blights and guarantee fruitful harvests using the power of the mind to effect the world around them. The traditional view is that these rituals were fruitless endevoirs and the mass "religious" aspect did good for moral but little else. I wonder if the ancients knew of this power and man has slowly forgotten.

Ancient man knew more about the world than we often give them credit.

Thanks for posting this. If I focus hard enough maybe I can win the lottery.