Electrons

fafafiya

excuse my utter lack of knowledge on this subject but I had a dream which had this idea in it.
Electrons movement around the atoms is stationary, well in the sense that they don't fly off, and if they have mass then shouldn't it take an increasing force to keep them there?

I'm clouded on that point, but the idea I had in the dream was that maybe electrons move in the fourth dimension giving rise to the cloud. The dream was basically me viewing everything from the perspective of "straddling" the third and fourth dimensions, almost like I and everything was in a transition that due to my size compared to the transition I percieved it happening really slowly.

sorry if all of that was incoherent, but I just wanted to trow this out. digest how you please.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
You had a very interesting dream.

Since electron doesn't have a mass, why should it take a increasing force to keep them there? I assume that since they don't have a mass, they don't tend to accelerate, does that make sense to you? That's the way I see it right now, I'm not sure either if it's how things truly are though.

I wish I had such dreams. :)

Harte

Electrons definitely have mass.

But only a constant force is necessary to hold them in the electron cloud, not an increasing force.

Think of it this way - if an increasing force was required to keep something from flying off, why is the Earth still going around the Sun?

Neither has had it's gravitational force increased, yet here we are, still in orbit.

No, only a constant, centripetal force is required.

harte

Rosco..Jones

excuse my utter lack of knowledge on this subject but I had a dream which had this idea in it.
Electrons movement around the atoms is stationary, well in the sense that they don't fly off, and if they have mass then shouldn't it take an increasing force to keep them there?

I'm clouded on that point, but the idea I had in the dream was that maybe electrons move in the fourth dimension giving rise to the cloud. The dream was basically me viewing everything from the perspective of "straddling" the third and fourth dimensions, almost like I and everything was in a transition that due to my size compared to the transition I percieved it happening really slowly.

sorry if all of that was incoherent, but I just wanted to trow this out. digest how you please.
______________________________________________________________________________________________

See the Two Slit experiment at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfPeprQ7oGc

This covers the probability wave/particle nature of electrons. It does a good job for those not acquainted with quantum mechanics.

An electron orbital is not an electron (particle) orbiting the nucleus. It is an electron probability cloud (wave).
The electron simultaneously exists in different locations with varying degrees of probability. It is only when the electron has to interact in some type of reaction does it momentarily revert to its particle nature.

As for your comments on your dream view being from the perspective of "straddling" the 3rd and 4th dimensions, you are more correct than you think. I would suggest reading The Oversoul 7 Trilogy by Jane Roberts. It can be had used for $5.47 on Amazon. The following review pretty much covers what its about.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good, better than I ever expected, June 27, 2001

By​
Shawn Regan (marietta, GA United States) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)
This review is from: The Oversoul Seven Trilogy (Paperback)
As a big Seth fan I must admit I haven't paid much attention to the "Jane" books. But one thing makes sense, that one person who should really know what Seth is saying in his works is Jane. In this trilogy I found that I could hardly put the book down during the first book "The Education of Oversoul 7". This story introduces us to Seven, his entity Cyprus and four of Seven's earthly personalities: Lydia, Josef, Proteus and Ma-ah. The story is fascinating and meant to illustrate the interaction between reincarnational selves with each other and their entity or soul. The second book "The Further Education of Oversoul Seven" didn't hold my attention like the first. Two characters returned from the first book: Josef and Lydia. The story is written from the point of view of a new character William. You meet more of Seven's personalities and see the interaction through time with some of the characters and past or future versions of themselves. The material on "The Gods" seemed to drag the story down to a slow crawl. The third book was almost as interesting as the first. In "The Museum of Time" again Seven is interacting with his personalities except in this story he must assume a human body for a period of time. The writing is very good and the characters are interesting. Jane does an excellent job of illustrating some of Seth's concepts in her novels adding illumination in a way that is only possible through fiction.