Every Thing You Wanted To Know About Star Trek 2010

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
Re: Every Thing You Wanted To Know About Star Trek 2010

I'm going next year and plan on doing the photo ops with as many of them as I can. I've never purchased anything Star Trek (always downloaded) so the least I can do is give them some cash for entertaining me over the years.

StarLord

I'd like to hoist a few cold ones with them. Say, if we were lucky and got Spock ripped, he might very well show off his nude zaftig collection. Scuttlebutt says he's into doing zaftig photography.

Now's a good time to brush up on your Klingon. You never know when they might be talking about you while they are waiting in line behind you in the John. Nothing worse than a few Klingons talking smack while trying to take care of business...

That reminds me, $64,000 Tailor Question Of The Year: Do Klingon's dress right or left?

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

The whole fat lady photography thing is actually pretty cool. I heard an interview not too long ago and he was able to articulate his art very well:

It began with an individual lady who came to me after a presentation I was doing. It was a seminar of some previous work. And she said to me you're working with a particular body-type model, which was true at the time. She said, I'm not of that type; I'm of a different body type. Will you be interested in working with me? And she was a very, very large lady. And this was in Northern California - I have a home up there - and we invited her to our studio in the home and photographed her there.

And that was the first time I had photographed a person of that size and shape, that kind of body type, and it was scary. I was uncomfortable, nervous - my wife was there to help. I was not sure exactly how to go about it or whether I would do her justice. I didn't know quite how to treat this figure.

And I think that's a reflection of something that's prevalent in our culture. I think, in general, we are sort of conditioned to see a different body type as acceptable and maybe look away when the other body type arrives. It was my first introduction of that kind of work. And when I showed some of that work, there was a lot of interest. And it led me to a new consciousness about the fact that so many people live in body types that are not the type that's being sold by fashion models.