Evps

solodroid

Hey Guys. I'm back. I have been trying to catch EVP's for a while now and for some reason I'm getting nothing. I know my house is haunted, I have seen them but I just want to know, an I doing something wrong? Is there a specific way to get them to stop ignoring me?
[emoji6]

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
EVP are like any other recording. The better the equipment, the better the results. What are you using to record? Tiny digital recorders tend to create a lot of noise. I recorded my best EVP using a professional mic, a lap top, and a pre-amp, filter. Some digital mics, like condenser mics, have a filter built in. The recorder must lay on a flat surface, undisturbed, for optimal results.

Also, you have to run the recording through software like Cool Edit Pro (my all time favorite) to increase volume, filter out hissing if necessary, and to analyze the sound patterns. For example, you can recognize possible speech because there is a wave instead of the a straight or speckled line. If you can't hear it, you can use the software to increase the volume of that piece. Hope this helps.

solodroid

Yup. I was using a tiny recorder with lots of noise. I will try using a software and see if maybe I have missed anything because of all the noise. I recorded plenty and I probably have missed so much.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Yup. I was using a tiny recorder with lots of noise. I will try using a software and see if maybe I have missed anything because of all the noise. I recorded plenty and I probably have missed so much.

Check for the wave patterns and try to use an anti-hiss filter in Cool Edit Pro or something similar if you suspect. :)