Faster than Speed of Light

TimeNot_0

Physicists extend special relativity beyond the speed of light

Since there will be static about this, I suppose you better contact the people in the article and not tell me what you think they did for it seems someone has accepted their paper as a theory which they (the scientists who did the math) can say they will try and prove in the future.

To me, I would start with the singularity as a starting point, as in you do not move through a barrier you start up faster than the speed of light to begin with. Different rules apply here, so the so-called normal physics is bypassed with my speed of thinking.

Now, I have other things to do so fire away so to speak because carp happens!
(put the "r" before the "a" in carp)!

TimeNot_0

Oh, and yes probably gravity is involved. (if other universes exist and gravity not being such a weak force after-all). Of course, I am dreaming so far, so how you doing?

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
I believe CREN has already shown particles can travel faster then the speed of light or will in time.
Light speed is not very fast: From Sun to Earth - 93,000,000 miles, it takes over 8.0 minutes for light to hit the earth from the Sun.

This is one of the whole subjects found in the modern physics books in Colleges and High Schools today.:rolleyes:

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
New look at relativity: Electrons can't exceed the speed of light -- thanks to light itself, says biologist

Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2010-11-relativity-electrons-biologist.html#jCp

New look at relativity: Electrons can't exceed the speed of light -- thanks to light itself, says biologist November 19, 2010 When resolving why electrons can never beat the speed limit set by light, it might be best to forget about time. Thanks to insight from studying movement inside a biological cell, it seems that light itself -- not the relativity of time -- may be the traffic cop, according to a Cornell University biologist. Ads by Google Verizon FiOS - FiOS Quantum: America's Fastest Internet + TV Bundle. View Offers! - Verizon.com/FiOSQuantum Any space with a temperature above absolute zero consists of photons. As a result of the Doppler effect, the moving electron experiences the photons crashing into the front of it as being blue-shifted, and the photons colliding with the back of it as being red-shifted. Since blue-shifted photons exert more momentum than red-shifted photons, the photons themselves exert a counterforce on the moving electron, just as the cytoplasm in a cell exerts a viscous force on the moving organelles. The viscous force that arises from the Doppler-shifted photons prevents electrons from exceeding the speed of light, according to Randy Wayne, associate professor of plant biology. Wayne's research, "Charged Particles Are Prevented From Going Faster Than the Speed of Light by Light Itself: A Biophysical Cell Biologist's Contribution to Physics," appears in the November 2010 issue of Acta Physica Polonica B. On determining whether electrons can surpass the speed of light, Albert Einstein's special theory of relativity contends that electrons are prevented from exceeding the speed of light as a result of the relativity of time. But Wayne contends that Einstein didn't take the environment through which the electrons move into account. "Given the prominence of viscous forces within and around cells and the experience of identifying and quantifying such resistive forces, biophysical cell biologists have an unique perspective in discovering the viscous forces that cause moving particles to respond to an applied force in a nonlinear manner," he explained. "Consequently, light itself prevents charged particles from moving faster than the speed of light." Wayne will publish a related paper, "The Relativity of Simultaneity: An Analysis Based on the Properties of Electromagnetic Waves," in a forthcoming volume of the African Physical Review, which is a juried publication.

TimeNot_0

From the "Faster Than Light Speed" Article:

"People wondered what would happen," Hill said. "Were we all going to disintegrate? Would the plane fall apart? It turns out passing through the speed of sound led to a big bang. I suspect going through the speed of light will be more interesting. I have a feeling the world will change in some dramatic way as we move through the speed of light. All sorts of things could happen. Time and space could interchange." He thinks that an experimental test of such a feat is not out of reach. "I think it's only a matter of time," he said. "Human ingenuity being what it is, it's going to happen, but maybe it will involve a transportation mechanism entirely different from anything presently envisaged."