Ghost time limits

Justinian

Two part question up for grabs...

1) Are there any reports of recently departed people showing up. I've heard of some 10+ years dead showing up haunting places, but what about people that just died within an hour. Let's leave out the "feelings" people say they have. I mean some chain rattling kind of hauntings happening within days or hours after a person dies.

2) On the opposite side of this, do you think there is a time limit that after a period a spirit either moves on or just stops haunting due to boredom? Do we have cavemen ghosts? Neanderthals???

And let's add another one.

3) Alien ghosts.. Do they exist?

IroncladMarshmallow

We have plenty of caveman spooks in the Whitehouse. Why do you think our foreign policy is the way it is?

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
2) On the opposite side of this, do you think there is a time limit that after a period a spirit either moves on or just stops haunting due to boredom? Do we have cavemen ghosts? Neanderthals???

From what I've understood, people and animals have a choice to leave or not. It's always described as "going to the light".

With my experience, though, with animals might I add, they seemed to have stayed with me for 3 days exactly. This sounds strange, but I had a cat die in my arms in my house and I could smell/sense her for 3 days. With my other cats, I still felt their presence for 3 days as well. I don't know why. I wished they would have stayed and never left.

With my definition of a soul, any living thing has a soul of some sort. Energy cannot be created nor destroyed. Also, our memories are stored in our brains via electricity, so how can they just dissolve and disppear? Where do they end up if a brain decays? So, I do believe neanderthals, aliens, plants, and even fish have a soul.