Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh

Dalet

This door is now closed.
Also, the nativity scene that is often displayed around Christmas usually depicts the wise men in attendance. This is incorrect. The wise men probably did not offer their gifts until Jesus was around two years of age or so. We know this because they are said to visit Jesus in a house, not a manger. And we also have Herod's decree that all male children of two years or younger were to be slain. This would be overkill simply to murder a newborn.

One more thing: Despite the Christmas carol "We Three Kings", the gentlemen in question were not royalty. They are referred to only as "wise men from the east" (most likely from modern-day Iraq). Nor were there three of them, as already mentioned.

Why I'm commenting on this in March, I have no idea.

Kairos

I wonder if they were actually Jews who remained in Babylon after the Persians freed them from captivity. There was supposed to be a center of learning there (sort of like a college today).

Dalet

This door is now closed.
It is possible. Perhaps it is even likely, since it's doubtful that they would embark upon a quest to find the "king of the Jews" unless they either believed - or very much respected - Jewish tradition.