Good News For America?

Physics vs Jaden

Amazing Person
Zenith
All of you know I'm a republican, so this is good news for me... bad for Democrats.

ANYWAYS, so. Now that we know Donald Trump has become president, let me tell you what it will look like in Cheks and Balances on January 20th
The Republicans will control the House of Representatives
The Republicans will control the Senate
The Republicans will control the White House
As it will be on January 20th, it will still be a 4 Democrats 4 Republicans, but assuming it's a Republican-controlled Congress and White House, the 9th judge will be Republican, making it 5 Republicans 4 Democrats

So, what does this mean? What can happen? Well..... a lot.

Considering Republicans will control every part of Checks and Balances for at least 2 years (Some Republican House Go Up For Re-Election), here's what you can expect.

Expect Roe vs. Wade to get overturned, and well, have abortion become illegal.
Expect people to not be able to become Trans-Gender
Don't expect Gay Rights to still be in place, but they might be.
Expect the military to get a budget increase
Expect Common Core to become non-existent
Expect stricter immigration laws, and most likely Trumps wall will be built
Expect a complete and total ban of marijuana
Expect Tax Cuts to the middle class
Expect something similar to Open Carry.
Expect Stop and Frisk to be re-instated
Expect Looser Gun Laws

Although I can't say for sure what will happen, a lot will go the GOP's way, and the Democrats won't catch a break.

JasperMoon

All of you know I'm a republican, so this is good news for me... bad for Democrats.

ANYWAYS, so. Now that we know Donald Trump has become president, let me tell you what it will look like in Cheks and Balances on January 20th
As it will be on January 20th, it will still be a 4 Democrats 4 Republicans, but assuming it's a Republican-controlled Congress and White House, the 9th judge will be Republican, making it 5 Republicans 4 Democrats

Considering Republicans will control every part of Checks and Balances for at least 2 years (Some Republican House Go Up For Re-Election), here's what you can expect.

Expect Looser Gun Laws

Although I can't say for sure what will happen, a lot will go the GOP's way, and the Democrats won't catch a break.

There is one plus on this side, though. The Republicans loathe Donald Trump with every fiber of their being. That may be the one plus that will save the Democrats from total wipeout.

Harte

Expect Looser Gun Laws

None of that can happen unless the Democrats agree to it.
It's not as if the House and Senate are 100% Republican.
On top of that, there is no political will on the Republican side to write Federal legislation on abortion. The Court might overturn Roe V. Wade, if Republicans place four new justices there. Then it is a local decision regarding abortion law.

Followed by Republican losses in the ensuing election.

What you said about transgender is simply ignorant. This used to be called "sex change operations" and they've been going on quite a while now (I remember some back in the sixties,) no matter which party was in power. And Marijuana is already banned at the Federal level.
Perhaps you should consider that Republicans hold the VAST majority of state Governorships and legislative bodies, yet we see marijuana not only not being "banned" in several states, but made completely legal in many.

There won't be stricter immigration laws either. Just actual (at least attempted) adherence to the laws already on the books.

Stop and frisk was never "un" instated.

As a teacher, I can tell you that Common Core NEEDS to go. But it won't. It will be renamed like it has here, but please note Common Core was an initiative among several states, not the Feds. Obama just glommed onto it to force his will on any state accepting Federal money.
Trump plans to change all that by just giving the money to the states without the hoops to jump through.
Not saying he'll succeed, but that's what he's said and so have many other Republicans.

You could be right about the rest though.

Harte

TimeFlipper

I believe some of the best news for Trump and the US was that we (the ordinary people) in the UK voted to exit the fascist club called the EU, on June23rd 2016...The exit was termed, "Brexit"..
That news spread right across America and it resonated with the "ordinary people" of the US, who believed in Trump and what he was saying to them....

In one of his final speeches on November 7th, Trump reiterated the importance of how "Brexit" worked for the ordinary people of the UK, and how it will also work for those ordinary people of the US....Trump displayed a Master Class in how to get vast numbers of people voting for him, those wonderful ordinary people of the US that he resonated with....Little wonder how those "intellectual pollsters" in the US got it all wrong, just like those similar pollsters in the UK got it all wrong!! :whistle: :LOL: