Gulf Oil Disaster: What would you do ?

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Gulf Oil Disaster: What would you do ?

Everyone knows about this oil disaster going on in the Gulf. That leak is a mile deep, and they still haven't figured out a way to stop it. Last thing I've seen on TV was about a concrete plug that'd stop the pipe from leaking. The dome seemed a pretty good idea at first, the problem being it was in a cold environment down there.

The question is, what would you do? Can you imagine the ultimate solution no one thought about yet, something that might actually work ?

Keroscene

Re: Gulf Oil Disaster: What would you do ?

I say we take off and nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure. So long, and thanks for all the fish.

SOMEBODY DO SOMETHING!!!!

We've really screwed the pooch on this one.

Page 1-1 of Oil Rig Operation Manual: What to do in case your oil rig starts gushing never-ending amounts of oil in to the sea----????....PROFIT!!!!

ZeoEmeraude

Personally, I believe this is Brittan's way of paying us back for smashing their asses back in the 1700's. This is chemical warfare folks...plain and simple. What better way to destroy our land then by fouling up our seas.

Whitelight

I would have heeded the warnings that we were given and follow protocol to ensure something like this would not happen.

I read an article about how they were warned many times that something like this would happen, and they never listened or made the necessary changes.

Either way, I figure we need to work on finding another suitable planet to live on as I think we've messed this one up too much.

StarLord

Who is "They"??

Are you aware that another platform run by the same asshats has even more problems from a: Design / Construction / Safety / Emergency Reaction Protocols, then the one that blew up?

Those Bastards at Haliburton certainly don't help things either. If you look hard enough, they have screwed up other "cement plug" jobs on oil rigs.

It's good to be connected, isn't it.

Keroscene

THis picture really shows how serious BP is about the oil spill. These guys aren't playing around.

g38_23773727.jpg

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2010/06/scenes_from_the_gulf_of_mexico.html